What should I do?

butterfly_mommy

Hi everyone,

My DS just turned 1 on Jan 29, 2008, two weeks before his birthday he weighed 28.5 lbs and was 31.5" tall. He has been in the same percentiles in height and weight since birth. We currently have him in a Radian Premier rear facing, we are in Canada so the RF limit is 30 lbs. I want to keep him RF as long as possible. I estimate that he will reach 35 lb at 25 months old.

Option one : Buy a True Fit and use it once DS hits 30 lbs till 35 lbs RF. Then use the Radian FF from 35lbs and use TF as a back-up or sell it?

Option two: Wait until the Radian XT comes out and buy that and use the Premier as a back up or sell it?

Or some other thing?

What would you do? Thanks

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi,

Welcome to the board. My 2 options...

Option 1: get the TF to use rf to 35 lbs, sell the Radian and get Radian XT later. You can either sell the TF later or keep it as a secondary seat.

Option 2: keep Radian, buy the Scenera for use now to 35 lbs rf.

canadiangie

Providing it installs well in your vehicle, I'd go ahead and get a TF.

The XT won't be here for a while (I don't think) and I'm not sure I like the headwing situation for a small child. :confused: Even a large 12m/o probably won't be tall enough to make use of the headwings, and having them raised above baby's head makes a little nervous. :eek:

Unless you forsee needing a secondary seat, I'd probably go ahead and sell the Radian Premiere you have now. The TF should work well for you both in rf and ff mode down the road.

Good for you for keeping him rf past the miniums. :thumbsup:

April

I third the TF. We love ours and it's great for rear facing. We love it for ffing too, especially for the SIP because we have ours outboard. Of course a Secnara would be cheaper, but I love my TF so that's what I'd go for. If you liek the Misty Morning, buy it from Zellers and just about guaranteed it'll go back on sale in the next month or so and then you can get the price adjustment.

sparkyd

I "fourth" the TF! Great RF room and I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the headwing situation of the Radian XTs either. Plus it's cheaper. The Scenera is also a good idea if money is an issue, but personally I'd rather have the TF if possible. Once you've had both seats for awhile you can decide which one you'd rather keep if you want to sell one.

The True Fit is on sale at Toys R Us right now. Says $170 on their website, but I could have sworn someone said it was $160. It was just on sale at Zellers so I don't know if it'll be back on sale before you really need it. But it's definitely possible!

mommycat

I "fourth" the TF! Great RF room and I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the headwing situation of the Radian XTs either. Plus it's cheaper. The Scenera is also a good idea if money is an issue, but personally I'd rather have the TF if possible. Once you've had both seats for awhile you can decide which one you'd rather keep if you want to sell one.

The True Fit is on sale at Toys R Us right now. Says $170 on their website, but I could have sworn someone said it was $160. It was just on sale at Zellers so I don't know if it'll be back on sale before you really need it. But it's definitely possible!
Ditto.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC