Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Well..it's done..I clicked "buy"...I'm getting a ....

Frontier.
    We're gonna hope it works!
    $206.10 shipped.
    **please work**

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MustangMama's Avatar

Re: Well..it's done..I clicked "buy"...I'm getting a ....

What made you decide that?

What's wrong with the Nautilus?

nothing wrong I'm just thinking ahead down the road..my girl is ..hefty....her bum is already takign up most of the seating area, and even at 40 inches tall, her knees are out far enough to be at theend of the seat...in a couple years, I thionk the nauti will be very cramped for her body, and won't give nearly enough leg support...plus, i really didn't like the booster fit in the nauti nearly as much as io thought i would..that might change by the time she is out of the harness, of course, but right now, the frontier gives a much better booster fit...just in case it needs to be used as a booster in an emergency or whatever.....and at least I'll have both the options....

Carseat Crazy

That is a great price.

Where did you find it for that price?

Jack and Katie, 9 years old!
    Riding in Montereys and Maxi Cosi Rodi XRs

on sale at babycatalog, plus 10% discount with BRTX10, comes to 206.10

Senior Community Member MustangMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
    nothing wrong I'm just thinking ahead down the road..my girl is ..hefty....her bum is already takign up most of the seating area, and even at 40 inches tall, her knees are out far enough to be at theend of the seat...in a couple years, I thionk the nauti will be very cramped for her body, and won't give nearly enough leg support...plus, i really didn't like the booster fit in the nauti nearly as much as io thought i would..that might change by the time she is out of the harness, of course, but right now, the frontier gives a much better booster fit...just in case it needs to be used as a booster in an emergency or whatever.....and at least I'll have both the options....
    Gotcha. So are you gonna put DS in the Nautilus? You can't let a nice seat like that go to waste!

Quote Originally Posted by becky129622 View Post
    Gotcha. So are you gonna put DS in the Nautilus? You can't let a nice seat like that go to waste!

why yes, didn't you see the pics i took of him trying it out??
    He's all ready to be riding in the nauti...

We got our Frontier last weekend and we love it so far. My 4 year old is a lot closer to the top slots than I was expecting but I have another little guy we can pass it down to if he outgrows it soon.

Senior Community Member APmama2MAK's Avatar

lmao I was wondering about your siggy, with no text above/below it I thought maybe you had a REALLY heavy baby and didnt want to import haha

Quote Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post

why yes, didn't you see the pics i took of him trying it out??
    He's all ready to be riding in the nauti...

Dot (21), natural parenting SAHM to
    Michael *06/22/07* (43" 33#)
    RFing in an a TF C670 and Radian 80SL

Quote Originally Posted by APmama2MAK View Post
    lmao I was wondering about your siggy, with no text above/below it I thought maybe you had a REALLY heavy baby and didnt want to import haha
    ROFL..no, ds is my miniature baby, he'll RF until college..lol....he isn't even on the charts for height, and like 5th %% for weight..LOL.....

I'm just being a dork with my sig...ds is just a year old and 27 inches and 20 pounds, so exactly the very smallest person allowed to ride in the Nautilus, so i took pics of him in dd's seat. ( DD is 4.5 and 41 pounds, LOL )
    DS rides Rfing in his AOE.

And for the record, i STILL DO NOT HAVE MY FRONTIER. I just talked to bc after 3 weeks of not hearing anything, and they swear Britax is the one who failed to ship to them, and they are still waiting on britax....gggrrr.....i was suposed to have this seat 3 weeks ago!

Senior Community Member mommyto4's Avatar

That is a great price!!! I actually toyed with the idea of a Frontier, but I only need it for booster mode and I think DH would have a fit if I spent that much on a booster. We ended up with a Monterrey which we love, but DS is on the top setting so a Frontier may still be in our future unless another HB option become available to us.
    Melinda-mom to 4 rugrats