Good stroller for 5 year old

Taz

We will be going to DW,SeaWorld in a month and im looking for a good stroller for my 5 year old DD. Things id like are 1) easy to push. 2) not tippy. and 3) good harness. any links would be great.

ADS

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
The Maclaren Volo would be your best choice, it is the best for older kids, no frills no recline just basic unbrella stroller but not a cheapy. Very easy to push, light and easy to carry. I have a friend that bought one for her 5 year old for the same reason and she still uses it and he is 6. Its great to have somewhere for them to sit when they get tired at places like that.

Rachel
cpst

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just seconding Rachael's recommendation of the Volo we used one for our 5 yr old at WDW and it was perfect! We added the Maclaren organizer too and that was great.

Simplysomething

Maybe rent a park stroller?

The ones at Disney are great (when we went a couple of years ago, we got a double for my then 3 year old and my 7 year old nephew), but I don't know about the ones at Sea World. If the ones at all the Busch parks are the same, then it's probably pretty crappy (Judging by the ones I saw at Busch Gardens Monday.)

melaniev

i just returned from WDW (+ a cruise) early this morning, and brought along grammie's Volo stroller for my 4yo. gramma was very against bringing it as she feels that our little one should walk, but she is extremely ADHD and difficult to manage so I knew it was a necessity; it was absolutely invaluable. mainly for the 2 airports (orlando is very very busy) and disney world. i also discovered that it can be used to sleep by propping it between 2 chairs when she fell asleep in the middle of dinner one night.

when grammie bought the maclaren i thought it was ridiculous to pay $109 for an umbrella stroller but her logic was that she *hoped* to use it for many more grandchildren and this one felt sturdier than the cheap ones. i had to stop using the others long ago because they became impossible to push but i can still use the volo. of course, you need to watch their feet because they're tall enough to get them into the wheels or underneath easily.

disney's rental strollers were really nice too. they were similar to the jogger i use for her at home, with swivel front wheel. but you wouldnt have anything for the airport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC