Totally OT about my car

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sorry to be so incredibly OT, but I just have to vent...

I have a 2006 Honda Civic. It is about 6 months old now, but to me, that is still brand-new ( I used to drive a 12-year-old car). I have paint protectant and all that good stuff, but I was told I still need to be waxing it.

SO, this morning I washed and dried the car. I then pulled it into the garage so that the car could cool down and be completely in the shade. I then applied a thin layer of wax to the entire car, let it dry to a dull haze (as the directions said to do), and then tried to remove the wax. It still seemed to be wet because it came off all sticky on the cloth I was using. So, I let it dry for another 15 minutes.

That wax stuff is TERRIBLE!! It streaked horribly and left a nasty haze on my car which HAD BEEN beautifully shiny and spot-free. After removing as much wax as I could, I got a brand-new cloth and rubbed the whole car again. It was still hazy!! So, I used a third cloth. It is better, but it is STILL a bit hazy! :( :mad:

The wax I used was the one that Consumer Reports (I know- a favorite here, right? :p ) ranked as their #1 choice in waxes. My dad thought I was crazy to buy anything but Meguiars (sp?) wax, but I bought it because the guy at the car parts store SWORE it was the best AND Consumer Reports said it was the best. Hmmmm....... I am NOT HAPPY!!! I don't know what to do at this point. My car had been PERFECT until I used that stuff. Now it looks all hazy . I AM SO MAD!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Oh bummer, that stinks. :( Time to write CR some feedback as well as the wax company perhaps.

I'm another big Meguiars (sp? lol I can't remember how to spell it either) fan and I have used the Meguiars show car glaze for years on my cars. It was recommended to me by another Saturn owner because it works particularly well on plastic body panels on Saturns, but it also works well on metal body panels. The result is a very mirror-like shiny finish. :) If you can hand buff most of the dullness off your car, maybe it will look better after a few more washings. Then you could always try another product like the showcar glaze. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC