does anyone have

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
any sort of data that shows how superior britaxes are?? I mean they are so not flimsy feeling like soem other seats I love mine but hubby does not understand I totaly do I live and breath this stuff but i cant find anything in perticular, I showed him these awsome crash pictures where all 3 kids were in britax and fine and that car was jakced up! but hes like whos to say that if they were in gracos or coscos the same ending wouldnt have happened ??? how do i convince him?? hes thinks i am a crazy freek (I am when it comes to the seats my kid sits in!) but i want him to be too!

thanks

Clarissa

ADS

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Britax has features that make them easier to use, so then they are safer than a seat not used correctly.

They have built in locking clips, much easier to get a tight fit and easier install.

They have the rear facing tether, with for me is HUGE. It wiill not flip up like all the other car seats do when rear facing. That also makes for a better install rear facing.

They are more padded and more comfy for the kids.

They have non twist straps so they are easier to use on a daily basis.

They have higher weight limits and are taller than most convertables (if you get the high weight one) So the child will last much much longer in it than any other convertable. So that could save you money in the long run. If you buy an evenflo seat the child could outgrow it in height at 2 or 3 years so then you would have to buy a combonation seat or another seat to keep them in a harness until they are old enough for a booster, then you might need a real booster anyway. So if you add the convertable price to the combo price, it is the same as Britax.

They also come in lots of covers so you can pick something you like. LOL Not as important but it is a nice feature.

The Latch hooks are so much better than other brands, better as in easier to use.

It used to be that only Britax had the EPS foam but other seats have it now too. I bought a RA when my DD was 5 months old. It just expired 2 months ago and is still in great condition. My 4 year old is about to outgrow it. I still use it as a spare but won't for much longer.

I hope that helps your DH, my DH thought I was nuts too until he installed it and realized how easy it was, and now he is a tech so he agrees, we own 4 Britax seats now.

Rachel
cpst

kelly

To my knowledge, there's no data that shows X brand seat would protect a child better than Y brand seat (properly used of course).

We all have our biases, but all seats either pass or fail the same seat of criteria to be on the market, they aren't "ranked" by the government or any other agency. (Consumer Reports rankings are dubious at best, and have much to do with factors other than safety. They like inexpensive seats and take prices greatly into account when doing their overall scores.)

A biggie of the Big Britax convertibles in my mind, is that they last SOOOO much longer in both RF and FF harness mode. Thereby, keeping a child in the "safest mode" for longer, WITHOUT buying additional seats.

ie, a kid can RF for longer in a Big Britax than in a Graco ComfortSport. So, the kid still RF in his MA is safer than the kid who got too big to RF in his ComfortSport and is now FF. And, a FF 2.5 year old is safer in his MA than his buddy who got too tall and is now in a TurboBooster. Obviously, lots of parents suck it up and buy additional seats to keep their kids RF or harnessed longer. Then they look back and say, "huh, should have just bought the big seat in the first place". ;)

Things like the rear facing tether and side impact wings of the Blvd, logically add safety, but no one actually tests a non-tethered Evenflo vs. a tethered Britax.

Additionally, a car seat is something I must contend with multiple times a day, every day, for YEARS. I want one that's simply not annoying. I'll trim corners in other areas to afford that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC