Future traveling question

Mommypooh

My in laws want to take us to disney at some point. Not sure if it will be this year or next. I have 3 kids Gabby will be 6 in March, Cameron just turned 4 and Magnus is 17 months old. I have 2 BV's, 2 FP boosters, 1 PW, 1 Regent not airline approved, and I am purchasing a nautilus.

If we wanted to fly, what would you suggest we take who in which seat, there will be 4 adults, how should we seat in the plane.

If we chose to drive what should we rent, which seats should we take and how should we arrange them.

Thanks, I am driving my mother in law crazy trying to figure this out and how to get through the airport with three kids, three seats and carry on luggage and so and so forth.

ADS

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I would stay on property and use Disney's free transportation... both to/from the airport as well as while on property.

If you do that... then you only need to take a seat for the 17mo...and the possibly the 4yo if he is small (under 40lbs). The 4yo would be a judgement call. We didn't fly when dd was between 3.5 and 6.5yo (ds arrived). Our last flight before our WDW trip she was 3.5yo and we did use a seat for her.

As for the plane... I would place one of the older children in front of the 17mo, that way they won't have to recline the seat and you won't get flak from a random passenger that they can't. :rolleyes: Past doing that... probably pair at least one adult w/ each child and the extra adult can be in charge of the car seat!

We went to WDW last year when dd was 6.5yo and ds just turned 2yo (during our trip). We brought ds' Boulevard and it worked great (flew Southwest). Dd sat in front of him and he was rearfacing. Once we arrived in Florida, we placed the seat under the bus (Disney's Magical Express uses motor coaches), then in the corner of our room for the remainder of our stay.

I would probably pick up a Traveling Toddler to get the BV through the airport. We use a Samsonite MicroMover, but have been doing so since dd's first airplane trip 6yrs ago.

I would also recommend getting each child a backpack and filling it with ONLY amusements for the trip...the adults carry the other stuff! Dd did great carrying her own backpack and I just tossed ds' in the bottom of the stroller.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
It really does depend on whether or not you are renting a car. If you are not and will use Disney transport, just take a seat for your youngest to use on the plane. You cannot use carseats on Disney transport. The older 2 should be fine on the plane without a seat.

If you plan on renting, I'd probably take the 2 fp boosters and a BV for the baby. Or get a scenera for the baby for easy transport!

Mommypooh

We do want a vehicle down there as we plan to go to the beach a couple of days we also plan to go to Universal, and some other stuff. I want to take the kids to sarasota and some other beaches I used to go to as a child. My 4 year old is currently 33 lbs fully clothed with a full belly, so I doubt he will be anywhere near 40 lbs in the next year or so.

He also is very much don't change things on me so I would think he might freak on me if I took away his car seat. He doesn't even like to use a different car seat when we travel, my daughter has to be the flexable one, so I would fear doing that to him.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
OK, sorry. Should have asked weights. At your 4 year old's weight, I would take the Nautilus for him. Or whatever his current seat is. If you have 4 adults getting through the airport won't be that bad.:)

Mommypooh

To clear up a few things
if we fly we will rent a vehicle while we are there

There is also a possibility that we will drive, most likely that will mean reanting a vehilcle as well since we all own 7 passenger dodge grand Caravans, and my FIL will not use my van it will mean trying to fit us all in his and believe me it is not comfortable to do so and I could not spend 18 hours in his van in the position I was in last time. I can not get 3 seat across the back unless I bought all new seats, and one seat with 2 adults is really uncomfortable. I also can not get two seats next to each other and the middle seat is a lap only belt.

SO what are your thoughts, what vehicle should we rent will need to have a rack on top so we can use the storage on top as well, with 3 kids I will have a lot to take I am sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC