Getting the tether anchor in my car wa quite an ordeal

gobsmacked

I ordered the tether anchor last week. In the meantime, I followed the car's directions (and the dealership's) and cut a hole in the upholstery in the back window (honda accord) through the trunk into what was supposedly the tether hole. I picked up the anchor today and tried to get it in at the dealership, but I couldn't get it in and the car was hot from sitting in the sun so I decided to go onto Costco and try it later. So, while getting gas at Costco, I tried again and couldn't get it to go in at all. So, I called the service dept at the Honda place and asked if they'd put it in for me and they said sure.

I get back to the dealership and the service manager comes out to put it in. He tries for awhile and then discovers that it isn't the right hole, even though it is where they told me to cut. :rolleyes: So, he finds the right place, and cuts that hole. Then, he tries again to get the anchor in. He finally has to get another guy out to help him, so he was in my trunk and the other guy in the back seat. 10 minutes later it was finally done. Who knew it would be so darn complicated??? At least it is in and right. I now have the seat tethered and feel much better about it. And, luckily, they didn't charge me for the labor.

While we were out today, I saw a wreck happen. It wasn't a bad one, but the cars didn't look great. The woman in the front seat immediately jumped out of the car and got her baby out of the carseat and it looked like the baby was okay, thankfully. It was scary to see and made me even more glad that I got the seat tethered.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC