Anyone have an SS2?

BabyKaykes

And willing to share pics? I really don't think I've EVER seen this seat in a car before, but I know people here have it.

Do you like it? I'm not going to get one, but I'm super curious about it.

ADS

G8r4evr

I would love to see pics as well. As soon as DD turns FF, this is the seat I am planning to go with =)

fyrfightermomma

I went last week to buy one from BRU and it wasn't there anymore :confused:

I'm not sure I wanna buy it online. Hmmmm.....maybe they are coming out with something new?

It's a great idea and a great seat. If they could just turn it into a convertible and up the limit (even if they didn't, it'd still be better than the comfortsport). So basically Graco, if you are listening, just turn it into a convertible! You could easily get to 35 lbs RFing with that shell

itzmeigh

I'm not sure I wanna buy it online. Hmmmm.....maybe they are coming out with something new?

It's a great idea and a great seat. If they could just turn it into a convertible and up the limit (even if they didn't, it'd still be better than the comfortsport). So basically Graco, if you are listening, just turn it into a convertible! You could easily get to 35 lbs RFing with that shell

But the whole idea was that you went from their bucket (Safe Seat 1) to forward facing only (Safe Seat 2) to their booster (Safe Seat 3 aka Turbo
Booster) So to keep it right in their system having the SS2 RF "wouldn't work".

fyrfightermomma

But the whole idea was that you went from their bucket (Safe Seat 1) to forward facing only (Safe Seat 2) to their booster (Safe Seat 3 aka Turbo
Booster) So to keep it right in their system having the SS2 RF "wouldn't work".

True...but they are getting away from "safe seats" so maybe it won't matter (one can wish!). The SS1 is the snugride 32, the SS2 is the cozycline, and the SS3 stayed the turbobooster.

So since they ditched the names, and they have a convertible already (ummm anyone find it weird their infant seat has a higher RFing limit than their convertible?) that means they could just get rid of the Comfortsport and replace it with the remade "safeseat 2" aka cozycline.

So you'd have the snugride 32 (or snugride22), then the convertible (remade SS2) and then the GN or Turbobooster. If they upped the weight limit of the SS2 you'd probably get to booster age (not our booster age, but the "normal" everyone else booster age).

I don't see the point of having "steps" of carseats. No other company does it. Most companies have some infant seats, some convertibles, some high weight convertibles, some combos and some boosters. Graco should stop trying to make a "system".

Actually I think they did by the fact that they got rid of the safeseat name :)

One can wish ! :love:

NannyMom

I was the SS2 at my BRU today.

G8r4evr

So since they ditched the names, and they have a convertible already (ummm anyone find it weird their infant seat has a higher RFing limit than their convertible?) that means they could just get rid of the Comfortsport and replace it with the remade "safeseat 2" aka cozycline.

That's what I've been hoping for. It doesnt look like it will be happening any time soon though. :( If the "Cozy Cline" was a convertible, I would be one happy consumer! I so want the tan one with Graco Pedic foam :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC