Combi Shuttle?

daycaremom2002

Anyone on here have a Shuttle or played with one? Any pictures? I am wondering if the Anti-rebound bar on it gets in the way of getting the baby in and out. I also wondered how good the support is for a newborn? The pictures I can find don't show the inside very well.

Thanks for any information you have. My sister is wanting more information on this seat for her baby due in August. I live very far away, and none of our local stores sell Combi.

One more question...:) Some places list 2 different models. Does anyone know if there is much of a difference? Combi just changed their site and it doesn't list it now.

Thanks again.

ADS

popsicle

Are you the one who pmd me about it and I totally forgot to get back to you? I'm so sorry! Blame it on new mommy brain. :eek:

Anyway, I love it. I was a little leery of the rebound bar too, but I forget it's even there. The puzzle buckle was a little tricky at first, but I figured out if you do the chest clip first it's much easier. It's also a bit sticky coming out of the base. I have to hold the back of the base down with one hand and lift the seat up with the other. The few issues I've had wirh it are minor enough that I would still pick this seat if I had it to do over again.

The head support is good. It's stiff wings that move up and down with the no-rethread harness :)love:) They seem like they're a little far apart, but we never had any head slump issues. DS2 was 6lb 12oz coming home from the hospital and it fit him beautifully.

I'll see if I can dig up the pictures I took when I got it and post them.

ETA: photos

harness on lowest setting:
100_1668.jpg

highest setting:
100_1669.jpg

puzzle buckle:
100_1672.jpg
100_1673.jpg

100_1670.jpg
100_2105.jpg

Last edited:

daycaremom2002

Thanks for the pictures. I was the one who pm'd you, and I always forgive mommy brain! LOL. It looks like the harness fits little ones great but actually goes high enough for a realistic amount of use. I like that the chest clip wasn't right on top of the buckle on your newborn.

How much space does it take front to back in the vehicle? She has a Jeep Wrangler and a Mustang(not holding out hope on this one fitting any seat). The Jeep is the primary vehicle for now.

Can a shower cap cover be used with that ARB? It looks like it would get in the way.

Thanks for you help.

popsicle

I'll try to remember to measure later today. It fits great behind the driver's seat in my Monte Carlo though. The handle stays up when it's installed, which helps. The shower cap cover fits great. Even the cheap one from Target. :thumbsup:

daycaremom2002

That would be awesome, thanks. Do you put your cover over the ARB or under? She is due in the end of August so she won't need it immediately, but she lives in New Mexico at high elevation, so she will need it eventually.

popsicle

I keep forgetting to take a tape measure out to the car with me. :eek: I'll try to do it tomorrow.

The shower cap covber goes over the rebound bar. It's snug but it zips up fine.

Oh and starbuck, my Monte is an '01. But I used to have a '98 and I think the rear seat room is pretty close to the same.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC