Which seat now?

adamsmommy

Ok, since the last thread about my son in a booster once in a while, we decided to get a new seat and stick the Radian in my dads Trailblazer and leave it. So, we are needing a new seat for my Chrysler Aspen. Which would be a better choice, Frontier or Nautilus? My son is tall and heavy, so I need which one would work better in booster mode later. Talking the Frontier into dh is going to be hard because of price, but he is not a huge Graco fan. Installation shouldn't matter because it will go in my car and stay.

I could also even just use it in harness mode and pass it down to my daughter later, and get ds a new booster if neither are that great in booster mode.

ADS
U

Unregistered1

If you can pass the Nautilus down to another child to use harnessed and get DS a dedicated booster later, I would absolutely go with the Nautilus. Otherwise, the Frontier wins hands down. I am much more impressed with it in booster mode - it positions the seat belt better on most kids and it goes WAY higher.

Pixels

The Nuatilus and Frontier are both excellent choices.

I recommend that you go somewhere that has both seats and lets you try them in your car (BRU should fit that bill, other stores will too). Try each seat. Try them with LATCH (if your car has it) and with seatbelt; try the Frontier with both the long belt path and the short belt path. One seat may install better in your vehicle, or fit your child better.

Read the manuals and play with the seats in the store before you head out to the car, so you don't have to spend quite as much time out there freezing your butt off. :)

Maedze

Is there a difference in the Nautilus at Walmart for $180 vs the one at BRU for $199?

Marketing ;)

The covers are a little different. I prefer the Target one to the other four grays because it's less mesh and more plush, personally.

Either way, the Nauti is a great seat.

adamsmommy

I just have a feeling dh is going to push for the Frontier. Especially if it makes a better booster later. We bought a Nautilus when they first came out and dh disliked it. Don't remeber why now.

Can kids reach the cupholders ok in the Frontier?

Thanks for the info on Target.:thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

the frontier goes taller as a booster... so tall that you won't need a backless after it.

So if you need the one that makes a better booster, I'd go with that one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC