No head slump in Frontier!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
YAY!!!

It's pretty upright too!

Ds said it's as comfortable to sleep in as his Decathlon is!!! He had been asleep about 20 minutes before I remembered my cell phone took pictures! LOL

Sorry for the bad cell phone pic!

IMG00064.jpg

ADS

MOM25BOYS

He looks soooo comfy sleeping and don't you just love that!!:love: I was thrilled the first time I took the boys with me somewhere after getting their Frontiers and they had NO head slump when they fell asleep.
smiley-dance001.gif

A very big difference from the GN and even the RN sometimes.:)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
He looks soooo comfy sleeping and don't you just love that!!:love: I was thrilled the first time I took the boys with me somewhere after getting their Frontiers and they had NO head slump when they fell asleep.
smiley-dance001.gif

A very big difference from the GN and even the RN sometimes.:)

Yeah. he had major, terrible head slump in the GN - even with it reclined pretty far.

Next time I'm going to be out late with them, I'll put Evan in his XT and see how he sleeps in that. He did NOT sleep well in the RN80 because there was nowhere to put his head - he was just too uncomfortable!

Freedom_Pixie

I want a frontier, but DS is (IMO) too small for it. Plus I want to turn him back to RFing... Hmmm... I wonder if I can get one now, and when he turns back FFIng I can put him in it:scratcheshead:, that's if he is big enough. But your son looks comfy in it, no head slump at all.

Splash

I wouldn't get one now if you're not using it now. Once your son is FF again, there will be new, possibly better, seats on the market. At the very least, Britax may have made some nice changes to the FN. Definitely wait.

MOM25BOYS

DS4 has done fine so far in the RN, but I keep waiting and looking for him to start with the head slump.:rolleyes: When he does I will move him to one of the Frontiers and but DS2 back into a HBB. I am hoping it will be a while so I can see what Britax will be releasing....:whistle::D Let me know how he does in the XT, I might be interested in selling my RN65 to go towards one if the head slump is improved with the side wings.:)

MOM25BOYS

I want a frontier, but DS is (IMO) too small for it. Plus I want to turn him back to RFing... Hmmm... I wonder if I can get one now, and when he turns back FFIng I can put him in it:scratcheshead:, that's if he is big enough. But your son looks comfy in it, no head slump at all.

I agree with Splash, I would wait and not buy one now. :thumbsup: They are nice and all so don't get me wrong. I love mine, but hope they will make some much needed improvements on them down the road.

Freedom_Pixie

I know, I am only going to get one car seat right now. Hopefully they do make changes to it, down the road. I have chosen 6 different car seats, I just need to decide on one. 4 are from Britax (2 of which only FF), a True fit and a GN (which only FF). So, for what I want it is more like deciding between 3 seats: Britax Marathon, Britax Boulevard CS, and the true fit. But I am leaning towards the TF. But my DS fits in the GN, would he fit in a Frontier? Just wondering.

Kat_Momof3

he's also too young... the frontier requires kids to be 2yrs old AND 25lbs.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My dd has never had head slump problems in the Frontier! We just love it!!

I will say though, that she does not like sleeping in it as much as in the MA. I think she prefered her head flopping over to the side rather than sort of being propped up. We took a roadtrip a few weeks ago and she struggled to fall asleep. Of course, that might just be b/c she very very rarely sleeps in the car now.

Pixels

I know, I am only going to get one car seat right now. Hopefully they do make changes to it, down the road. I have chosen 6 different car seats, I just need to decide on one. 4 are from Britax (2 of which only FF), a True fit and a GN (which only FF). So, for what I want it is more like deciding between 3 seats: Britax Marathon, Britax Boulevard CS, and the true fit. But I am leaning towards the TF. But my DS fits in the GN, would he fit in a Frontier? Just wondering.
Just get the regular Boulevard, not the CS, unless you want a certain cover. But don't get it for the CS "feature" - it doesn't work right.

Freedom_Pixie

Just get the regular Boulevard, not the CS, unless you want a certain cover. But don't get it for the CS "feature" - it doesn't work right.

I read that on another post (I think it was here), so I changed my mind on that one. I am just going to get him a True Fit, but I read that the continuous harness might get stuck. DS is beyond the weight limit for the frontier, but isn't 2 years old (yet, just about 3 more weeks :D) so I am going to wait to get it( after he outgrows the true fit). But after he outgrows the true fit, I want to get a Britax Regent(harnesses to 80 lbs.) If that makes sense.

munchkin

I agree! I love the Frontier for sleeping. I have M this week and she isn't feeling good, so she has been sleeping a lot in the car. Here she was yesterday.

DSC05243-1.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC