chest clips that are hard to undo?

super_grape

dd#2 is in a BLVD and she has discovered that she can undo the chest clip and remove her upper body from the straps. we are travelling and today i caught her out of the harness at least half a dozen times:eek:.

if DD#1 still fits in the BLVD then i can just switch their seats out for the rest of the trip and hope that she can't undo the GN clip.
but if i can find a seat with a clip that is hard to undo then i may just get her a new seat.....so any reccomendations on a seat with a hard-to-undo chest clip:)?

thanks!

holly

ADS

flutie128

I know my 4.5 year old can undo the nautilus clip ut he know not to undo when we are driving because I stop the car. I know that probably is not much help.

Pixels

My 4 y/o can undo the one on our Regent and our RN but not the one on our EFTA. She finds that one really hard.
I find the EFTA one really hard. There's two things you have to press on simultaneously to get it to undo. If you try to press one, release it, and press the other, usually the first one will redo, so it doesn't work.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I have one on a regent that is VERY hard to undo, I would gladly trade you if you wanted. We have several Britax and this one was OK for a while but has been very hard to undo for a couple of months, and I have just been going to call britax, but keep forgetting to get the DOM of the seat, but seriously if you wanted to trade, I would be willing.

super_grape

My 4 y/o can undo the one on our Regent and our RN but not the one on our EFTA. She finds that one really hard.

I find the EFTA one really hard. There's two things you have to press on simultaneously to get it to undo. If you try to press one, release it, and press the other, usually the first one will redo, so it doesn't work.

I also think the EFTA is hard to undo. It pisses me off sometimes!

thank you:)! i'll try her out in the EFTA.....i did put her in a safety 1st seat
and she could not undo that clip. perhaps the EFTA will be a better choice tho....

super_grape

I know my 4.5 year old can undo the nautilus clip ut he know not to undo when we are driving because I stop the car. I know that probably is not much help.

oh, i wish that worked with her! she thinks it's the funniest thing on earth to do and even funnier when we pull over:rolleyes:.

super_grape

I have one on a regent that is VERY hard to undo, I would gladly trade you if you wanted. We have several Britax and this one was OK for a while but has been very hard to undo for a couple of months, and I have just been going to call britax, but keep forgetting to get the DOM of the seat, but seriously if you wanted to trade, I would be willing.

i may take you up on that when we get home! thank you for the offer:).

APmama2MAK

I only played with it for like 20 min and I was thinking I would get irritated if I had to do it a lot (like multiple times a day) I love how the graco one is SO easy (sometimes a bad thing with older children hehe)

I also think the EFTA is hard to undo. It pisses me off sometimes!

Maggie

By the time I get to DD2 in her EFTA, I've already let DD1 out. So I have my hands full with my stuff, her stuff, then I have to try to undo the chest clip on the TA one handed to get DD2 out. I'm glad she can't do it (she tries!) but it gets frustrating sometimes!

fyrfightermomma

Evenflo all the way. I can't even get that thing undone....

Whatever you do....DO NOT get the new Radian chest clip. That's gotta be the easiest one I've ever seen. i can see it being a problem for me soon!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Can you just put some velcro on the buttons? I've heard of people putting a piece of sticky-backed, poky-side velcro where you push to release the chest clip. The kiddos don't like the feel of it and sometimes that will stop them from unbuckling. If that worked, a $2 pack of velcro from Walmart would sure be cheaper than a $150 (or more) new seat.
Good luck. Mine have done that some but thankfully not very often.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I always laugh when I hear people say that their Nautilus's chest clip is easy to undo. Mine is VERY difficult to undo! I wonder why?

flutie128

I will say lately the top part of the clip has been difficult to undo but I haven't even tried cleaning it yet. I don't feel the need to uninstall my car seat and install it again. I am just being lazy right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC