CRST course next week.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I believe Nicole said she's getting lunch for all of us. Probably good to bring a cup of coffee for yourself though, and a pen or pencil. Notepaper if you like to make lots of notes, but most of what you need to know is in the manual which you'll get to keep so I just highlighted areas that I wanted to pay attention to or put notes on the applicable pages. (It's possible the office there will have different stuff though than what the one did where I took my course.)

I'd also bring a sweater so that you can adjust your temperature depending on what the building is like. I find office buildings almost always seem to have funky a/c and heating so it's possible this one might too. ;)

And dress comfortably. :)

Tam is more familiar with the building and may know more of what the office will have available for the class to use, so I'm sure she'll be able to add anything that's needed or tell you to leave something at home if they'll have it there. :thumbsup:

QuassEE

I would recommend bringing a pen/pencil/hi-lighter.. You can really use your student manual for most notes, but you may want to bring additional paper or even some mini post-its. You'll absolutely want to dress for the weather, since we may be in and out of the classroom and into vehicles--that's something we'll decide based on the weather and what seatbelts we have available to us inside versus outside. Ideally wear sweats or loose pants, especially for the clinic day!

We'll have water and I will be providing lunch for everyone. Alternate drinks might be an idea (although if I have time I'll try to pick some other drinks up).. Trudy and I don't know the location all that well, and we're just guests but we'll do our best to make it comfortable for the 2 days we're there!

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

I would recommend bringing a pen/pencil/hi-lighter.. You can really use your student manual for most notes, but you may want to bring additional paper or even some mini post-its. You'll absolutely want to dress for the weather, since we may be in and out of the classroom and into vehicles--that's something we'll decide based on the weather and what seatbelts we have available to us inside versus outside. Ideally wear sweats or loose pants, especially for the clinic day!

Ooo, mini post-it notes are a wonderful idea. I would've found those very handy when I took my course.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Nicole and Trudy, you ladies are flying in for this?? If so, is there anything we could do to make your stay better??

QuassEE

You'll see us--it's quite obvious that we like our food.. :) Except Tam, she's a twig :)

We are flying in, the day before. We have a nice big hotel suite nearby, and I have my trusty "personal assistant" coming with me who is babysitting Trudy's 2 year old. We should be pretty good--I may drop food off to the hotel at some point each day, or the kids will call room service and order lunch that way. I'm just booking car rental now :)

-Nicole.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Nicole~ are you making sure to get the Rental Car Seats ;)

I will bake some fresh muffins before I leave in the morning.

Im so excited, im counting the days. This is going to be sooooo great!!!!!! My kids are going to my moms on the Wednesday night till the Sunday afternoon. So I will be kid free and doing something I love, who could ask for more :)

QuassEE

Yeah, I need all the rental seats I can get for my 5'7" 140lb teenager :) I WAS thinking about renting them as examples for the class, but they're a bit pricey for that... "What NOT to do".. ;) With my luck I'd end up getting all brand new Britax seats or something. Backfire!

canadiangie

I'm just posting to wish you all a safe flight, and a great course. It sounds like it will be so much fun (I've been reading the other thread about it). :)

hipmaman

Definitely bring 'personal' items to make your comfortable and help you through the course (ie. hi-lighter, sticky notes, etc.).

Nicole is providing lunch :kiss: I'll take care of water and drinks like juice or pop. But let me know what you would drink or wouldn't drink so I can try getting them. No sense of wasting money and efforts on things that no one would use and short on what we really want :)

The course is in the south location and is an older building, so dress in layers - ie. take off if hot and layer on if cold ;) It's in a residential area, so there isn't a store nearby or w/in walking distance. So what we want/need, cannot be easily find/bought during the course.

As for the course, we have teaching props (ie. seatbelt assemblies, seats, etc.) from SJA. No need to bring your own seats unless it's something that you think we all can see (like an Oobr :) )

If I can think of something else, I will post.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC