Question Quick como question? how big really?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I know this seat isn't in favor, but I have a question,since it might meet our needs here....I know they say it has a top slot of like 19 inches and supposedly 70 pounds, right? But it is so narrow and small the consensus is that it would never fit a child of that size...so, how big a child can it comfortaby fit? Let's assume average proportions, not petite by any means, but also not obese or seriously tall..just average to slightly big for their age.
5 years/45 lbs? 6 years/50 pounds? more? less?
Thanks!

ADS

firemomof3

I don't have a como but I do have a signo and her is my 5.5y/o at 47lbs. and she is now in a monterey booster because the signo's lack of leg support was a problem for long trips. The como is more narrow in the shoulders but has the same dimensions for leg support. You can always construct a leg support device out of string and a pool noodle (but that kinda sounds like a strangulation hazard).
Here is my 5.5y/o in the signo:
5thbirthday066.jpg

5thbirthday067.jpg

Yoshi

I'll have to go on our other PC to find the picture- but at age 4, 40 lbs,42", DD was kind of cramped in the Como we tried out. She fit great, and said she loved it (pink, ya know?), and was on the second-to-top slots (was already on top slots of Radian) BUT, her shoulders were really not comfy. It also had a steep recline which was not something she was used to since she was in the Radian. I returned it since I figured she wouldn't be comfy long. Ok, here you go:
100_0390_2.jpg

100_0392_2.jpg

Last edited:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Thanks to both of you, especially that last pic, since dd is exqctly that size right now, 4/40/41 (1 inch shorter)...I am still torn, since I'm nto sure if dd would mind her shoulders being squished ornot..they are sort of rounded inthe nauti....and I think she ouwlactually like the recline a lot, she would still love to be RFing, and likes sitting in her brothers seat..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC