I need to sit three in the third row of a 2005 suburban (m)

TheQueenMother

Yesterday I battled the beast and installed the regent. Holy Smokes that it one mammoth seat. There was not enough seat belt for but LBP the SBP installed rock solid. I was proud. I had my neice with me and she would ride in that. DD age 4 was in her MA on the same bench. I planned to puzzle the regent and MA but had no luck and was running out of time so I installed the MA outboard passenger side third row. Baby RFing in captain's chair and DD age 9 seat belted in the other. This left DD age 7 with the middle. My intention was to put her outboard with the Ma in the middle and DDage 7 in her booster but that did not work. T had to squeeze between the two seats with lap belt. Any idea to make a three across work next time this comes up? I have DN quite a bit, she is 4 and weighs 65 lbs. She doesn't use a car seat in SIL's car but that is not an option in mine. DD is 4 and weighs 39lbs clothed with shoes with a 15 inc torso.
Car seats available include the turbo booster, 3 MAs, one regent, a roundabout, and a alpha sport 40lb harness option but the straps are higher than DD's shoulders. I would be willing to buy a seat to make this work but it will need to install in a 2005 suburban with leather seats.
TIA
Amanda

ADS

MoreLatte

I think your best bet will be to have the Regent on a captains chair and the Marathon in the middle, lap-only position. I have my Marathon in that spot now and it leaves enough room for a child passenger who passes the five-step test, but I can't fit my B510 booster beside it. Your Turbo may be narrower though. If you can get your hands on a Parkway, that may be an option as well. My mother has my Parkway, I'll try to get it today and try that.

A Radian would be my next thought for that middle position, but finding a narrower booster that fits would be more economical. I don't have a Radian or I'd try it out for you:(

Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions for you.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
My suburban is a 1999, so older. But I agree with putting the regent in the captain chair.

I have done booster, bv ff or scerena ff or infant seat no base, booster. It is hard to buckle the boosters but we get it done.

zeo2ski

I got a little confused between the potential situations and what you ended up doing, but I only counted 5 kiddos--9 yr seat belt, 7 yr booster, 4 yr MA, 4 yr regent, and baby. I must be missing one, right?

If not you could do (middle row) 9 yr, regent, booster leaving the back easy to do the two and still use the access seat that your 9 yr old would be in.

Or if I missed a kid somewhere and you do need 3 across the back, what about seat belt 9 yr, infant, 7 yr booster? You should be able to get 3 across the middle row no problem even with a regent.

If none of your seats will work, a radian does work (with lots of effort and tricks) in my 98 with cloth squishy seats. Best in the lap belt only spots, but acceptable in the rest except the access seat. Well, that's technically acceptable too but I didn't like it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC