For you Subaru Outback owners out there...

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Any preferences among these 3 seats for the Outback in particular?

MA
EFTA
TF

With my help a friend has narrowed down her convertible search to these 3. Before she goes and tests them out she's curious if any fit better/fit poorly in an Outback.

I don't own a Subaru so I'm no help! LOL

TIA!

ADS

APmama2MAK

Ive talked to someone on here that installed a marathon no problem, but there are differences between some years I think especially a large gap between model years (for example I wouldnt count on comparing our '99 to an '05). I will soon find out if an EFTA or TF fit but not for a few months lol, sry I couldnt help more.
I found out people who owned them by searching here for the car in general them PMng then to find out which seats theyve installed.

mimieliza

The Marathon (well, Boulevard, but same thing) installs so easily with LATCH in my mom's 2005 Outback. RFing or FFing, it's awesome. The EFTA was much more difficult RFing (I installed with LATCH), and I needed several rolled towels to get the angle acceptable. No experience with the True Fit. :)

mom2juliarose

I've only installed the MA in my '00 Outback wagon and it installs nicely (I've had it in all 3 seating positions) with no trouble. I've had it installed both RFing and FFing.

CTPDMom

Sorry, should have put more info in my previous post. It's a 2001 Subaru Outback and her daughter is 6 mos old.

abckidsmom

I was unable to get a good rfing seatbelt install with our 03 Outback. The belt stalk is just sooo long. I'm sure it would have been better with latch, but I just used his alternate seat.

I do love that car, though.

CTPDMom

I was unable to get a good rfing seatbelt install with our 03 Outback. The belt stalk is just sooo long. I'm sure it would have been better with latch, but I just used his alternate seat.

I do love that car, though.

What seat DIDN'T work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC