Any news about the Recaro Young Sport harnessing a higher weight?

melniemi

I remember reading that they were thinking of testing it to a higher limit in the harness.

Has anyone heard anything? Any idea what the weight would be? Any idea when it might come out?

Thanks

ADS

fyrfightermomma

I thought they said if they did, it would be summer or fall. I'd SO love one but would like a higher weight limit for my chunker #2

twinsmom

I emailed Diann at Recaro a few months ago and she told me they were working on one for release sometime in 2009. She didn't give me any other details. I emailed her again about 2 wks ago for any updates, but haven't heard back. I know she probably thinks I'm a pest, but I'd LOVE a seat like that!!

Kat_Momof3

you know, it'd even be a good seat for your lightweight kiddo because the top slots are about as tall as that of the Radian... and the side support/protection is more ample.

It also makes an awesome booster after.

Kat_Momof3

I emailed Diann at Recaro a few months ago and she told me they were working on one for release sometime in 2009. She didn't give me any other details. I emailed her again about 2 wks ago for any updates, but haven't heard back. I know she probably thinks I'm a pest, but I'd LOVE a seat like that!!

who wouldn't?? It would quickly become even more popular than it is just with people who know who Recaro is... and then there are the millions who don't and would LOVE the high quality that is obvious just by looking at it.

the como and signo sparked interest, but this one would do it much more, because of what type of seat and little needing to be done to alter it (simply crash testing it with a larger dummy... I have no doubt it would pass)

twinsmom

who wouldn't?? It would quickly become even more popular than it is just with people who know who Recaro is... and then there are the millions who don't and would LOVE the high quality that is obvious just by looking at it.

the como and signo sparked interest, but this one would do it much more, because of what type of seat and little needing to be done to alter it (simply crash testing it with a larger dummy... I have no doubt it would pass)

YES! I don't know what they're waiting for. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it's coming soon!:D

skipspin

I haven't measured, but the middle slots (there are three) are close to the height of the top ones on Marathon. My DD outgrew it by weight around 4.5 and she still had room on the middle slots. My kids are short and chunky, well DD isn't so chunky anymore, but she's over 40#s so it doesn't really matter.

It's a great seat. It's the only seat I've let DS ride FFing in now that he's 30#s. It's in our least used vehicle and I can't put him in the WZ in there when I'm pregnant because I can't reach! (ducking flames)

melniemi

I'm just thinking that if the radian doesn't work for some reason, I'll likely still get my dd a combo seat of some sort - either the frontier or maybe the recaro. She is 40#s now so it is no good to us as a harnessed seat. Dd2 would get a lot of use out of it since she is only 24#s at 2, but she will rf to 35#s as long as I can make all the seats work in our van.

firemomof3

Ya, I would say the top slots are at least 17". DD1 outgrew the Young Sport at around 4.5y/o because she reached 40lbs. But she still had growing room height wise. I sold the seat because I wasn't ready to put her in a booster. I wouldn't hesitate to buy 2 Young Sports if they had the 50lb. rating, I loved that seat!!
kadensparty017.jpg

twinsmom

Ya, I would say the top slots are at least 17". DD1 outgrew the Young Sport at around 4.5y/o because she reached 40lbs. But she still had growing room height wise. I sold the seat because I wasn't ready to put her in a booster. I wouldn't hesitate to buy 2 Young Sports if they had the 50lb. rating, I loved that seat!!

Seeing the picture of your DD in that seat makes me want one even more!! Come on Recaro....let's get moving!!:)

Splash

I loooooved that seat. I swapped with joy for about 8 months and had to swap back just before Sam was born so I could put him in the BV. It's just an amazing seat and the install was amazing, super easy, super tight, even in my CR-eating car! Even in the center with the ceiling 2 part shoulder belt!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC