How much time left in Marathon?

S

SusanG

I'm about to move my younger daughter's Marathon to a different seat in our primary vehicle, but I'm wondering how much time she has left in the seat. Our older daughter just moved out of a Regent, and we could put DD2 in the Regent now and not have to shuffle seats around when she outgrows the Marathon.

DD2 is almost three and is 39" tall, 38 lbs., with a 15" torso. We're about to move the shoulder straps to the top slot in the Marathon. We were hoping she could use the Marathon until she was ready for a booster, but unless she's way more mature than DD1 was at five years old, that's not gonna happen. For comparison, DD1 is almost six and has just moved into a high-back booster; she's 49" with an 18" torso, and DD2 is tracking bigger.

So, two questions: how much time do you think we have left in the Marathon, and what would be a good option for a seat for our secondary car after DD2 outgrows the Marathon (assuming we don't want to spend $200+)?

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I would guess at least a year if she just moved to the top slots, likely longer depending on her growth pattern. It's really impossible to predict but growth in the torso is slow. I moved my dd's harness to the top setting some time before her 4th bday and she just outgrew the MA at 5.5.

If you are looking for a seat for her after the MA for less than $200, the Nautilus would be a good choice. However, new seats are coming out all the time so I'd revisit when she gets closer to outgrowing the MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC