Please tell me what to say

JamieB

My friend is convinced her daughter is going to break her legs if she stays in her SafeSeat at 1 year, 18lbs, 29 or 30 in. She wants to buy a convertible but then once she gets that she'll see that her DD legs still touch the back of the seat so she'll want to turn her. Oh and just in case you want to suggest the True Fit because of the leg room, she won't buy that seat because I have it and neither one of us like it.

Please tell me how to convince her that her DD's legs are fine.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
"Broken leg - cast it. Broken neck - casket." This is a rather blunt way of pointing out that turning a child FF in order to "protect" the legs is putting their NECK at risk in return. Which one is she more concerned about - broken legs or broken necks?

More importantly, there have been more cases of broken legs in FF children than in RF. The risk of broken legs in RF children is a myth, and completely unsupported by evidence.

Kat_Momof3

everyone gave great advice... I'm going to suggest seats with more leg room, too, in case you can't get through to her.

Evenflo Triumph Advance, Sunshine Kids' Radian

And the seat to avoid if you want leg room... the Recaro Como/Signo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC