What to do with Safari RA expires 4/07?

hsjwmom

Hi all, I don't think I've posted here before, but mommy-brain and all that...

Anyway, I have a RA in Safari print that I will no longer need after this week. (moving DD#2 into MA and DD#1 into Regent) I have used it for both my daughters, but the cover is still in good shape. The only issues I see are that:

1) one of the fuzzy velcros on the seat is coming off

2) the elastic on the top of the cover is pretty well shot (it still stays on perfectly well)

Now, what I am thinking.... I refuse to sell the seat on ebay because I'm afraid the buyer would disregard the expiration and it most likely wouldn't be worth their while, anyway.

1) Should I try to sell just the cover on ebay? I kinda hate to, because of the hassle of describing the flaws, etc....

2) Try to find someone who would only need to use the seat untill it expires, maybe because of saving up for MA or something? Or waiting until older DC outgrows a MA?

The only reason I mention the 2nd option is that I figure anyone looking here is going to be safety conscious...

Anyway, sorry if I'm rambling...I hate to throw out a seat that still has some use to it just because I don't need it anymore. Especially because I think the cover is still cute :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!
Milcah

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I have taken my used (but still in decent condition) car seats to a shelter for homeless teens and teen parents. The director of the shelter told me that they are always in need of car seats, a used car seat is better than no car seat, and that they really appreciate donations. They always have a CPST look at them to make sure they are still in usable condition and explain to the moms how to use them correctly, so I feel good knowing that they won't be misused and that the moms are aware of the expiration date. You could look for a similar shelter in your area. Hope this helps!

super_grape

Are the flaws just the elastic and velcro? You could always call
Britax and see what kind of fix would be ok to do (ie; sewing the velcro
back on , new elastic). I've done that before and they were very helpful!

That's a really cute cover!
Holly

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
So, are you planning on selling it here or giving it away? ;) I could use it if you wanted it to go to someone here. PM me!

RubysGirl

I want it, that cover is the deal breaker on what seat will be my spare seat. :D

(infact I just posted about it last week!)

RubysGirl

Well heck, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the whole thing as I do need a spare seat. Then I could just replace the RA when the time comes and have a spare cover. (the new cover would be the spare!)

hsjwmom

Ack!

OK, here's what's up...

I just PMed ThePeach80 before I got your post Rubysgirl...

She asked first, so she has first dibs, sorry :( (If you two want to discuss it among yourselves?...)

I told her I will give the seat away for the cost of shipping.

I also want to be certain the seat won't be used after 4/07...

I will be able to ship it next week...

I am just glad SOMEBODY will be able to get some use from it!

RubysGirl

:shrug: It's okay. I'm not sure if I have the job yet anyway. I'll just have to play the ol' switch-a-roo till I get a paycheck. That was my plan to begin with. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC