Ordering from Britax...

canmom

I need to order a new harness, buckle and adjuster from Britax.... has anyone ordered the harnesses for a Canadian seat? They don't have any listed in the section for Canadian parts... are the US ones the same? I guess that means I will need to call them. If the parts are different for each country, do you think they will send Canadian parts to a USA address?? I was going to have them sent to my moms place down there but I won't be able to get them until the end of April :(. Does anyone happen to have an spare harness laying around :p?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes, you can order a replacement harness from them and they'll ship it to Canada.

How old is your current seat and what's the reason for replacing the harness and the adjuster strap? If the adjuster strap is due to fraying, they will ship you a replacement adjuster strap for free regardless of if your seat is still under warranty or not. And if you're having problems with the harness straps and the seat is still under warranty they've replaced those for free in the past as well. (The new double click buckles seem to be causing some straps to fray, so this is my reason for asking about that.) :thumbsup:

You'll just have to call them to place the order. :)

canmom

Thanks... I know they will ship to Canada but I would rather not pay the extra shipping and duty etc, so I was wondering if they will send a canadian product to an american address.

The seat was manufactured in Nov 2006... The adjuster strap is frayed and I think I may have washed the straps before I new better.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks... I know they will ship to Canada but I would rather not pay the extra shipping and duty etc, so I was wondering if they will send a canadian product to an american address.

The seat was manufactured in Nov 2006... The adjuster strap is frayed and I think I may have washed the straps before I new better.

The adjuster strap they'll definitely replace for free and no shipping.

Last time I priced shipping the cost of shipping to a location in the US was the same as shipping to Canada. Britax shipping is just plain expensive - but maybe they'd reduce the shipping on the harness seeing as they're shipping the adjuster strap for free already? Most of their shipping charges are handling. :rolleyes:

canmom

Thanks for the help... I wish the stores here would have some on hand to buy (I can't be the only one that needs to get a new one). When I called them before they said they charge a brokerage fee on top of the shipping to canada. I will give them a call and say the harness is frayed and see what they say... is there a particular Britax CS I should ask for?? I have seen people on c-s.org mention that some are a lot better than others.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC