OMG! I can't believe what I just saw today...

Freedom_Pixie

I was headed out to do some errands. While I was getting DS into his car seat I see one of my neighbors putting her kids in the car. Well, this is what it looked like to me she put two kids in the back, one kid was younger then DS (who is 23 months, just look at my siggy) and the other was about 4-5 years old. The 4-5 year old gets into the middle and doesn't buckle in, the little one gets into a booster and doesn't buckle:thumbsdown:. Then comes a kid around 8 years old, he gets into the front :eek:with his mother, and like the others doesn't buckle himself in. When I saw this, it just broke my heart, I started imagining what would happen to those kids, not in proper car seats or buckled in if they got into an accident? Then I hear the little girl (4-5 year old) say while pointing at me "Why is that baby in a car seat?" The mom didn't say anything:(. I told my DH this and he said well, some poeple are like that.

ADS

zeo2ski

That's tough stuff to see. Wow, I don't know, I mean there's all kinds of misuse out there, but if they're not even using seat belts it's probably hopeless. Very sad.

HEVY

I was at the bank on Sat. and there was a girl about 6-7 in the front seat and her mom. The mom used a seatbelt and the girl didn't.

flutie128

I don't know how parents can not buckle kids in. My DS freaks out if I start the car before he has his harness buckled.

Freedom_Pixie

I don't know how parents can not buckle kids in. My DS freaks out if I start the car before he has his harness buckled.

We (DH and I) have a rule for our car. Whoever rides with us has to wear a set belt, we won't even start the car until we know everyone is in a seatbelt or in DS' case harnessed in a car seat. It seemed that my neighbor was in a hurry, but come on. She could have easily taken a few moments to make sure her kids were buckled in.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That was my mom's rule, and is ours too. :) "The car doesn't start until everyone is buckled." Period. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC