Which is the best sit and stand stroller?

ADS

Holly

I love the Joovy caboose that I have, but I haven't ever owned the others.
I got mine used from a kid to kid store, I have the regular one, not the ultralite.

I liked the baby trend until I looked at it in person and I thought the front seat wasn't tall enough, my dd's head went way over the top and she looked uncomfortable.
As far as I know, the One step ahead sit n stand is the same thing as the baby trend.

There is also the Mia Moda Compagno (it's new, I haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks really cool), and the Fisher Price Stand n ride duo.
I saw someone in person using the fisher price one, it looked really cool!
I think there are a few people on this board who have the fisher price one and they like it. Hopefully others can be more helpful, LOL!

Maggie

I've test driven 4.

The Joovy Caboose
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight
The Mia Moda Compagno
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand

The Caboose Ultralight is by far the best. I thought my regular Caboose was awesome, but I just bought an Ultralight today and it rocks. It steers SO much better than the regular Caboose and it's lighter and easier for me to lift.

The Mia Moda was really long feeling, almost like a traditional double stroller. It felt flimsy and steered really hard. It was also super heavy to lift.

The Baby Trend is okay I guess for the price, but it was super hard to steer when loaded with kids and heavy too. It seems really cheap compared to the Joovy.

If you're going to use it a lot, buy a quality one. It may cost you more, I spent $280 after tax, but SO worth it.

Maggie

The One Step Ahead is the same thing as the Baby Trend. :)

Kind of like all the Cosco/Dorel/Safety 1st seats.

My impression of the Baby Trend (same as the One Step) is it is very cheaply built. The seat is very short, like Holly said. The wheels were squeaky, I could barely push it with 2 hands, let alone 1, when my my kids were on it. Together they only weighed about 50lbs at the time, well below the limit. I could shake the whole thing with one hand and it seemed like it was going to fall apart.

Here's the One Step Ahead and here's the one they label Baby Trend. They're the same :)

kbud

I too have the Joovy Ultralight. I love it. I can even steer it one handed. It's awesome. The shade on the Ultra is much better as well and covers both kiddos. I felt the Baby Trend wasn't really any smaller than a double. I got a brand new one off e-bay for just under $200 including shipping. I just had patience and finally one the bidding. I've seen the Fisher Price one and thought it was huge. I believe it's really heavy too. Joovy has them on sale on their web site now but they are still more than what I paid off ebay.

April

We have the Joovy and we love it. The kids fight over who gets to ride on it, and the big kids fight over who gets to help push. :shrug-shoulders:

Apparently we all have very different opinions! Sorry.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I've only ever had the baby trend and we love it. I find it very easy to push, fold, unfold and use, and i think it's light...I'm wimpy and can lift it into the trunk easily. the seat IS short, i will say that, but my kid doesn't seem to mind..lol...

R&J'sMom

I had the Baby Trend Sit & Stand and hated it. I returned it to Target because it was so cheaply made. Very hard to steer. Absolutely the worst stroller I have ever owned. :thumbsdown:

ctbcleveland

I know that Zactayaus just bought the Mia Moda. She might be able to share more experiences on this one too. She might have her hands full for a while, but you could try to PM her.

Kat_Momof3

the joovys are actually designed by a guy who used to work for babytrend.

I think the mia modas are sleek looking, but Joovy definitely has the edge when it comes to sit and stands.

babytrend... eh... they haven't done anything remarkable with it like mia moda or Joovy.

mia moda's is just as heavy as the regular Joovy Caboose or the Sit and Stand, but with sleeker lines, a comfort pad for the standing child if they lean back on the hard parent tray (one thing I always worried with on babytrend models that have the parent tray... an injured head or back), a one touch break that locks both rear wheels at the same time, and a slightly deeper seat for the sit part of sit and stand.

It takes more than just the mia moda seat, which I think is essential and very good on their part.

For me, though, weight would be an issue, which is why, until very recently, I would only recommend the Joovy Ultralight Caboose. It offered the biggest canopy and the first to offer any shade for the rear rider when sitting and some AWESOME fabric options, too, which helped.

However, my new favorite, while 9lbs heavier (the ultralight is a mere 21lbs... same weight as a Maclaren Twin Triumph/Rally Twin and this new one is 30lbs like the original caboose, Mia Moda Compagno, and Baby Trend Sit 'n' Stand) has to be the Ergo Caboose

http://joovy.com/pages/pd_ergo.php

If you have to have that much space for the extra rider and also want to utilize it as a single stroller when shopping like some parents do with their big tandems (graco duo glider, etc.), then this is the one to have because they made the bench seat able to be flipped up to access the basket... you could do some SERIOUS shopping with this thing, as long as you don't put little things where they can fall through the bars on the side that will keep things that go higher than the basket contained. It also makes toting a diaper bag with this stroller (without the purchase of stroller hooks) or some shopping bags (if you have a skip hop bag that can clip to the bar handle), even if you have two passengers.

But all that is nothing compared to the new canopy, which completely shades both children when both are seated.

And if that weren't enough, they finally did what everyone who has loved these type strollers dreamed, they made it so you can attach the carseat on the REAR, so your older child can have the regular stroller seat until the baby is out of the carseat (and with a Peg Viaggio SIP 30/30, as shown on the website, a Keyfit 30, SS1/snugride 32 or other 30-35lb infant seat, that could last awhile... heck, as long as the baby fit comfortably, you could keep the infant seat in the trunk/storage after you moved baby to a convertible seat and have a double seat stroller until you're really ready to move to letting the older child use the platform seat or stand (aka... till the kid won't be going... MOMMY... I'm tired... and wanting to nap in it) The rear half of the shade has a cutout so it does not get in the way if the child wants to stand... letting you keep it on all the time

The stroller has a more contoured seat (resembles the one on the bugaboo bee), giving more sleep support for sleepy children and also providing ergonomic support for sitting kids.

The cost is higher and it weighs more, but again, I think it's worth it over the caboose light, unless you have no need for all these extra features.

So I'd at least narrow it down to the ultralight caboose or the ergo caboose.

Now, one other deciding factor may be your ability to wait, as it is only preordering now..... but it's less than a month till release.

Kat_Momof3

oh... forgot features... the ergo also has air tires (comes with a tire pump) in the rear, which will improve suspension, make it easier to steer, and make it easier for when you are going over rougher terrain (though of course it still is not all-terrain)... which is great for when you want to use it at the park going over grass, mulch, such things.

and the front seat has the option of either a tray, or two cupholders (similar to the quattro duo, but with the option of a tray instead for younger riders who need the tray for snacks/toys)... this gives you the option for when your younger child gets to the age of wanting to get in and out on their own of having a cupholder/cupholders while still not having to constantly open and close the tray.

Holly

Wow! I've never seen that ergo caboose, I love it!
I wish it would have been out when I had my 2nd, I really wanted a sit n stand but my oldest was only 16 months and not mature enough for the sit n stand type seat. I would have loved having her in a regular stroller seat until my youngest outgrew the infant seat!

I like that the front tray can swing open too!

Maggie

Hmm, the Ergo is cool looking. However, for my needs I need the sit and stand platform for a bigger child, not an infant seat.

My stand rider is really too big to be in a stroller seat and we use the platform for an occasional jump on ride.

Is the front seat also compatible with an infant seat? Or does it have to go on the back?

Kat_Momof3

I just called them really quick (very very nice lady I got, btw... and no menu, just right to a person... I love that)... no, it doesn't come with the adaptor for the front (probably because of having a different tray setup than the other caboose strollers).

However, with graco/chicco seats, it wouldn't matter if it was "officially" allowed because the tray would let the seat anchor on, as they do in their strollers. (graco and chicco seats fit in one another's strollers and any stroller with a tray they can anchor to, in my experience)

How old is the child who will be on the platform?? since the stroller allows a rider up to 45lbs (though I'm sure a heavier child would fit just fine... in my experience stroller weight limits are not usually accurate... they are usually lower than what it can really hold), I doubt the kid is too big.

Kat_Momof3

Wow! I've never seen that ergo caboose, I love it!
I wish it would have been out when I had my 2nd, I really wanted a sit n stand but my oldest was only 16 months and not mature enough for the sit n stand type seat. I would have loved having her in a regular stroller seat until my youngest outgrew the infant seat!

I like that the front tray can swing open too!

what stroller will you be using? You probably have mentioned it somewhere, but my memory... :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC