Need help picking..

ADS

Laryn41

I love the first one it's the color that I really like. But if I have another kid like i stated before i don't want to use a pink stroller if I have a boy. i love the quest colors!!! Out of them all...plus i have a $100 Gift certificate to toys r us. I like the peg alot, but alot of peeps like the mac over the peg.

MoreLatte

If I had a gift certificate, yeah, I'd get the Quest. I just wouldnt spend $180 or $200 of my own money on it:whistle: Its a nice stroller, just not $200 nice.

If you really like the Techno, you could always replace the seat and canopy if you ever had a boy.

jamesoja

... But the Mac has higher weight limit.

Not to hijack this thread, but this is my dilemma, the whole weight capacity issue. Many of the Macs are good to 55lbs and the Techno XLR to 64lbs. I am a big fan of the new Peg Si however that is only rated to 45lbs.

For a first time father, what age does a child reach 45- 55 and 64lbs. Do children still use strollers at this age/weight? The Si and XLR accept infant carriers, so that is the main draw to the XLR, along with the full recline.

Thank you for the insight and maybe this question will help the OP too.

sopapia

Not to hijack this thread, but this is my dilemma, the whole weight capacity issue. Many of the Macs are good to 55lbs and the Techno XLR to 64lbs. I am a big fan of the new Peg Si however that is only rated to 45lbs.

For a first time father, what age does a child reach 45- 55 and 64lbs. Do children still use strollers at this age/weight? The Si and XLR accept infant carriers, so that is the main draw to the XLR, along with the full recline.

Thank you for the insight and maybe this question will help the OP too.

hate to say this... depends on the kid and the parents. if the parents are big and tall, then the kids are likely to be big and tall. example... my DS1 is almost 5 and 35 lbs, 40in. my friend's son is couple weeks younger but he's already past 42in and 42 lbs. and my son acts and talks like a 6yo; her son more like a 3 yo.

so what you can do is look at a growth chart (online or from pediatrician's office) and look at what age 45 lbs will hit. you can do the predicted height equation (for boy or girl) and see what percentile curve your child will fall on and follow that curve. or if your child is past 6mo, you can probably use the percentile growth curve he is on and follow it to 45 lbs and see about the age that will hit. the latter may be more accurate.

as to when they'll want to walk... i would say no at 2yo, maybe a little at 3yo, more at 4yo, yes at 5yo. but it also depends on how much and how tired he is and his maturity. last year at 4yo, my smaller 4yo was walking most of the time. my friend's big 4yo was being carried.

for me, when the kids were babies, i used the infant carrier and snap n go. i didn't shop for a stroller until they outgrew their infant carrier at 9mo. i found that there are no stroller made perfect to fit a baby and an older kid. for a baby (<2yo), i care about full recline, snack tray, big sunshade, etc. for a bigger kid, those things are not so important. they want in and out quickly and the most important is lightweight. :p

when they were babies, i didn't mind lugging around a heavier stroller... but as they grow older and more in number, i want the lightest thing possible. :p what i did was when DS1 outgrew his carrier at 9mo, i evaluated what features i wanted at that time and bought the best/lightest stroller for me possible (we got a pliko p3) b/c by that time, you should have an idea what your child and lifestyle is like so what features are most important to you. after DS2, i did this again when he was 9mo and bought the double stroller (P&T e3) that is best suited for us. wished i knew about the P&T sooner but they didn't make that model/second child seat until later (later than when i needed my first stroller). i would have probably skip the pliko and bought a much lighter umbrella stroller later on (like i'm doing now). oh well.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

sopapia

back to laryn's question...

ditto on the no pink one unless ur sure you only have girls. black is good as far as dirt goes but it does get awefully hot and will fade rather quickly.

i'm also trying to pick one out too. after having a pliko p3, i prefer either a mac quest or triumph... just b/c it's much lighter. tho i really can't stand the foam handles on the macs....but i really like the plushness of the pegs... so nice. the pliko light seems too much like a pliko p3, which i have already.

anyone wants to buy my blue pliko p3?

ali's mom

The Quest has the foam handles the pp mentioned, but the Techno doesn't- they are almost like a rubberized grip. Have you been anywhere to try them all out? If it was me, I would go with the Techno. I would be afraid of the light pink one getting dirty- especially the canopy where the wheels would touch when folded. I have a Volo that is light pink/gray and the wheels get the hood dirty. My baby girl rides in the blue Techno that was her brother's....we just pretty it up with a pink blanket! Just throw a blue blanket over it if you have a boy later!:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC