Yet Another I got my XT Thread! (Rio this time!)

Mylilboyblue

So yesterday my Radian XT in Rio was delivered. First impression was OMG this seat weighs a ton! It is nice and solid, but not what I am used to. It is my second un-Britax seat. LOL! After numerous failed attempts at getting it installed in my 2007 Saturn ION I think I finally made it work using LATCH. Tight as tight can be.

From what I can see, my DS who is 25lbs and almost 33 inches needs the 3rd harness slots RF. This may change once installed. We will see. Also the wings, don't even come close to protecting his head :thumbsdown: but again we will see once he sits in it installed.

Here are some pictures. Will update once I try him in it!

P1012016.jpg

P1012013.jpg

P1012014.jpg

P1012015.jpg

My DH said it was blood red. I love it. Very Gothic, lol!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, pretty, much nicer than a stock photo I ran across once with no black accents...it looked like a baboon's bum...but THIS is cute! :)

Leah used the third slots from age 2 to age 3 rearfacing, I still think she's got at least 2-3 more years in the seat now that she's FF and I had to put them in the top slots. http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5198548169020599954

At two...they were just a tich above her shoulders, but the lower slots were SO low I feared they'd fall off her shoulders, and she's clearly not going to ramp out of the seat, so I left them there.

And at age 3... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5296727218524439154Still right at the slots... She grew about 4 inches in that time, all in the leg, lol.

:)

HEVY

Wow, that red is really cool. Yeah I wondered about the wings, personally I don't like them :duck:
But your DS is soooo cute :)

Mylilboyblue

Yup I was right, he is def. on the 3rd slots. I moved the headrest down to the lowest and it is still not to his shoulders, but it is okay. I am not worried, his head is MOSTLY contained.

More pics to follow.

Pixels

Are you sure it's all the way down? You might need to pull the cover off to see. All the way down, the headrest should be JUST above the third slots.

What are those black straps on the comfysoft/cuddlesoft/whatever it is that they call it? Are those to help hold it in place, so you don't have to put it back every time you take baby in/out?

zeo2ski

Are you sure it's all the way down? You might need to pull the cover off to see. All the way down, the headrest should be JUST above the third slots.

What are those black straps on the comfysoft/cuddlesoft/whatever it is that they call it? Are those to help hold it in place, so you don't have to put it back every time you take baby in/out?

Those straps are to put over the top of the CR when you use it as a head pillow (though I'm not sure anyone would do that on the XT), I didn't really see anything about it in the XT manual but I skimmed the comfy soft section because my guy wouldn't be using them. But when I had a RN 80 I think the only description was on a tag on the comfy soft and it wasn't clear if you're supposed to tie it on to somehting or not, so I just draped it over the top of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC