• EFTA

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Maxi Cosi Priori

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

APmama2MAK

So Im getting the True Fit Premiere for DS when it comes out and was going to get the EFTA for our backup (whichever the 150-170 version was I know I didnt want the 130) but since seeing a thread a few minutes ago here and then going to look at the seat I would like to know if a Maxi Cosi Priori would be a better choice (I found it for 170 free shipping)??:confused:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Assuming it installs well in your vehicle, I'd stick with the original plan of the EFTA. More height growing room and more weight growing room with it than the Maxi Cosi. :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A $99 Maxi Cosi might be a better deal... $170 is a LOT for a seat with a 40lb limit, IMO :twocents:

momof3boys541

I have a EFTA and we love it, we are going to use it in my Mom's car now because we want something with head wings for our everyday car, but we do love it and have had no problem installing it. My son has used it for a year and has always liked sitting in it, even my 4yr old and 5 yr old have used it and both said it was comfortable.

APmama2MAK

The only reason I didn't care about the 40/50 difference was because by that time I most likely would already have a different seat (or two, or three) and DS is a lightweight anyways.

I wouldnt mind an only RFing seat (to 35 or more of course) because by the time DS is forward facing there will be new seats and my obsession will have made me buy them.
I just saw some huge raves on the MCP and was wondering if I can get them for the same price why not, but I suppose I do like the harness on the EFTA a lot.....I need more cars to put seats in:whistle:

Thanks for voting :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Huge raves? Hmmm...ok...

One mama did buy one mainly for RF and was very disappointed that her 20 mos kiddo's head was already pretty much at the top. So it's really not any good for extended RF at all.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I would go with the EFTA jsut becouse of the taller shell and extra weight limit well worth it to me

APmama2MAK

wow. DS is anything but tall or heavy, but the extra shell height definitely could be good. Like I said I might not even own/be using either of these seats by the time DS would of grown out of it but its still nice to have the option of using it longer for the price.
The way it was talked about was just kind of like its nice to use sort of like a luxury. Im gonna go see the max height and if it has lock offs but definitely leaning towards the efta

thanks for the input :)

Huge raves? Hmmm...ok...

One mama did buy one mainly for RF and was very disappointed that her 20 mos kiddo's head was already pretty much at the top. So it's really not any good for extended RF at all.

Wow says 36 inches max for RFing, not sure how fast DS is gonna grow, and probably wont reach that limit quickly, it still seems low:thumbsdown:

Mommy0608

Wow says 36 inches max for RFing, not sure how fast DS is gonna grow, and probably wont reach that limit quickly, it still seems low:thumbsdown:

I'd go with the EFTA too (you can see that my 2.5 year old has LOTS of RF room in it in my siggy pic). It has a taller shell, and that is what matters most for the majority of kids for ERF use.

Keep in mind that total height doesn't matter, only torso height. As long as there is at least 1" of hard shell above your child's head he still fits the seat RF by height.

My DD is tiny but I'd still pick the EFTA because of the taller shell to keep her RF longer. :twocents:

APmama2MAK

Yea If I knew 100% that id still be using the seat when DS got to that size then it would be a no brainer, I personally wish the EFTA had lock offs but thats all I can think of that I dislike.
Your DD is sooo cute btw:D

I'd go with the EFTA too (you can see that my 2.5 year old has LOTS of RF room in it in my siggy pic). It has a taller shell, and that is what matters most for the majority of kids for ERF use.

Keep in mind that total height doesn't matter, only torso height. As long as there is at least 1" of hard shell above your child's head he still fits the seat RF by height.

My DD is tiny but I'd still pick the EFTA because of the taller shell to keep her RF longer. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC