Vantage Point harnesses to 65lbs?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nah, it's a typo of some sort (like the Dorel person who types this marketing stuff up for sears and sends it along in a copy&paste format, I'm thinking?...must've typed up these details moments after typing up the Apex details?)

Check www.djgusa.com to be sure, but the other Vantage on the sears page says 40.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Re: Does this really harness to 65lbs?

No. The Vantage Point (of which I've had two) harnesses up to 40 lbs, then becomes a BPB until I think 80 lbs.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I sure bet they sell a lot more by putting that it harnesses to 65lbs.

Even if it did harness to 65lbs the top harness slots aren't any higher than 15 or 15.5" at absolute most. Most kids never make it past 40lbs. And if they do, it's certainly not by much unless they're on the high end of the weight chart.

Still makes a crappy booster too. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Yeah... Just because something has top slots that are easily outgrown doesn't mean parents don't keep using it though... You would not BELIEVE how many times I've heard people say they have a seat that "goes up to 40 lbs. as a harness", I go out and look, it's a combo with low top slots and their kid has about 5 inches outgrown it... They think it is usable to the weight limit no matter how it fits (shockingly...) :(

Kat_Momof3

it also states it has an adjustable headrest... I don't think so... that's the Apex they are describing.

I'd email dorel about it and also email sears.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
It does have an adjustable headrest. You have to uninstall the seat, loosen two screws, and slide the headrest up but it does adjust. I have one that's a couple of years old (my dd just outgrew the harness and moved to a Nautilus at 4yrs, 30 pounds, and 41 inches). I agree it does not make a very good booster, it's too wide so the kiddo can move side to side too much.
I'm taking pictures so you can see the headrest but mine only harnesses up to 40 pounds.

Okay so I don't know how to get the pictures on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC