04/05 odyssey owners -- please help!

dvmvail

I put this on the other board but had no replies so I'm hoping to get some feedback here.

I need some info for a carpool I'm in -- one of the moms in our carpool drives a honda odyssey --its a long story but she is convinced three boosters will fit across her rear (3rd row) seat but she refuses to test it before we start carpool. I'm not totaly convinced but was hoping that someone on this board would be willing to help me.

Can three boosters fit across the back? And in general is that middle rear seat a lap only belt or is it a three point? And if it's a lap only belt has anyone installed a marathon in the center and a booster on either side.

Even a partial answer to my questions would be really helpful!!!! Thank you in advance for ANY help.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I honestly don't know if it's possible because I don't have an Odyssey or much actual experience with one, and I'm not a tech. Just wanted to point out there's probably more room in the '05 model's third row vs. an '04 model and hope she has an '05 to increase the odds of finding a combination of seats to fit. The Odyssey was redesigned and enlarged for the '05 model year so there may be a better chance of three boosters fitting in the third row if hers is an '05. Also there would definitely be three shoulder belts in an '05 model while the '04 IIRC may just have a lap belt in the middle of the third row. It sure sounds frustrating if she's not going to try seats for size in advance of starting carpool.

Several other posters on here do drive Odysseys so maybe they will chime in when they have a chance. I think CPSDarren posted a while ago about fitting 7 kids in his '06 Odyssey (which would be the same as the '05 model) if you do a search. Edited to add the link to Darren's post: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=6438

Sorry I can't be of more help.

BrookeSLP

The middle is lap and shoulder belt. I know three MAs will fit, so three boosters should fit unless they are super wide.

Good luck!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Three medium or narrow boosters can fit in the third row of the 1999-2004 and 2005-2006 models. Younger kids might need help buckling if the boosters aren't narrow since there won't be much room for hands to fit between them.

lovinwaves

I have an '05 Ody. I am pretty sure you will be able to do that Combo on the rear bench. Also if she has an '06 you will have two extra tether anchors on the rear bench. Hope this helps. Good luck. You can always go to the Honda website to find out more info. www.honda.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC