Boulevard or True Fit??

diaperjoys

Can someone give me some input, please??? I'm trying to decide between these two seats for my daughter. She's 15 months, currently rf in a Diplomat, which will be outgrown soon. (she has maybe an inch of growing room left)

We really, really like the Diplomat; it adjusts rf beautifully, and the headwings allow her to sleep very comfortably. So I'm very drawn to the Boulevard. (if I pick up a BV on sale, how do I determine if it has the new or the old style headwings? I'd only want the new style.)

But the TF offers so much more rf room for a bigger child. So I had pretty much decided to go with one of the new TF's that will actually allow us to reach the harness adjuster in rf mode. But I'm concerned about the crotch strap issue. What's the point of having a nice, roomy seat if I'll just have to purchase something else when she outgrows the crotch room? This little gal is chunky through her thighs, and has a chubby little bottom, so it wouldn't surprise me if she'd be a child that would outgrow the limited space. Isn't Learning Curve adamant about the child not being on the crotch strap at all?
Does the new TF design allow more adjustibility of the crotch strap?

Which seat would you pick??

ADS

Splash

If not for the crotch strap issue, the TF hands down. I have both and vastly prefer the TF over the BV. As for the crotch strap, well.... yeah, it sucks monkeys. But it's really no shallower or shorter than the BV, just the seat geometry.

If it's not causing discomfort, I don't see the point of not allowing the child to go over it (GN is the same). All other seats allow it with no dire consequences, and once installed there really is more room. My son is WAY over when it's not installed, but put it in the car and he's got some room.

brittany741

We just went through the same exact situation. DD is 18 months and had 1" left on the Diplomat RF.

I bought a TrueFit and she HATED it. Despised it. She used the headwings of the Diplomat for sleeping and could not get comfortable in the True Fit.

We just got our Boulevard on Friday.

NannyMom

We really, really like the Diplomat; it adjusts rf beautifully, and the headwings allow her to sleep very comfortably. So I'm very drawn to the Boulevard. (if I pick up a BV on sale, how do I determine if it has the new or the old style headwings? I'd only want the new style.)

Britax changed the wings in June 2008. So any DOM after that will have the new headwings. Not sure if June has new or old though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC