Bad Dream last night..... I must have spent too much time with the car seats!

twinmommie

Last night I woke up thinking that the 4 Frontier seats I took hours to install on Saturday and Sunday were loose! I was also seeing new pdf's of installation procedures! .... I haven't checked in the cars yet... It better just be a dream... I have bruises all over my forearms from the ordeal!

I have never owned Britax seats before... Thank goodness these are the last seats we will EVER buy! I am not terribly impressed with the installation. I love outdoor tech gear (camping, hiking, biking...) and with that gear the more you pay, the easier/more versitile to use. It definitely does not seem to be the case with car seats! I don't know if I could recommend Frontiers... They look nice, but don't seem to me to be much better than the Graco's we had for the kids when they were infants.

Our Evenflo Triumphs that they have had for 4 years seemed to install easier, and were easier to clip and adjust... I think I wish Evenflo made a HWH!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Out of curiosity, why did you choose the Frontier over the Nautilus?

The consensus I have read seems to be that the Nautilus is much easier to install than the Frontier for most folks in most cars.

twinmommie

My DH was geeked up about the "SIP" stats, and then there was the sale..... The back height was a plus too...

My DD told me this morning, however that her new pink seat hurt her legs. I have it in the second slot.

Is there anything wrong (besides having to uninstall and reinstall) with putting in it the last slot? Is there any guidlines about where the belt should be like there is with the top of the harness?

My nightmare may be coming true... they were not loose, but I may need to reinstall UGH!

BTW, I didn't really think they would be THAT hard to install, I have installed two snug rides, and two Evenflo Triumphs, so I thought I could do it, even if not "EASY". I didn't know what I had done before would be easier than this!

Pixels

Some seats say the closest position to the child, some seats say in front of or even with the child (but not under), some say under or even with (but not in front of). The Frontier manual doesn't seem to say at all (that I could find, anyway).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC