In need of newborn or preemie fleece sleepers

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have any GIRL newborn or preemie sized fleece sleeper outfits (ie. the kind that has legs and snaps up the front) that they'd like to sell? They don't need to be new but need to be good condition. I have been looking in stores, but can only find cotton ones. I need to get some to keep our preemies warm at the hospital. Thank you!!!

ADS
Carters(the store) had tons of these at mine(well, 30 minutes away) for $3.99 they had fleece ones.
Just a thought? I would go out and look, but the next time I could be out that way is in 2 weeks.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Oh darn! I wish I had a Carter's store nearby. I think the closest one is like 60 min. away which, with the price of gas, isn't worth it...good to know though!! thanks!

monstah

I'll get back to you tomorrow, I think I should have some.

ETA: I think I only have 0-3 month size, not NB. Would those work?

Oh darn! I wish I had a Carter's store nearby. I think the closest one is like 60 min. away which, with the price of gas, isn't worth it...good to know though!! thanks!

I wish my husband wasn't laid off at the moment(iron worker, work is off and on right now) so I could go to carters to donate some clothes.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
That would be awesome. Any donations I can provide with a tax slip for deductions on taxes. Thanks!

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about that. :(

It is normal in this job, so nothing we are shocked about. Luckily, he has been working indoors at the nuclear plants. Those are done right now till March. He has only been off for a week(we have had it worse).

Thanks though. I im'ed my cousin(she has twin girls that were preemies) and she said she just got rid off all her daughter's preemie clothes. darn.

celtic1885

I'll be at the office tomorrow and if I get a break in my day I will run up to the outlet. Just to make sure I'm clear - fleece, snaps up front, feet or no feet? preemie and nb?

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Oh my goodness!!!! That would be totally awesome!!
Yes, preemie or Newborn. Girl or gender neutral. Fleece. With feet. Snaps (no zippers). I can paypal you!
I hope you have an easy day ;)

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Thanks Erin, that would be great! I've checked all of our local stores like Target, BRU, Walmart, Kohls, etc... and no fleece :( Though at this point, if the cotton ones were cheap enough I'd probably get them anyway.

Our poor baby girl preemies/newborns at the hospital are wearing the rattiest hole-y clothes right now, that say things like: "Daddy's little tough guy."
The sick irony is that: the child is a girl, and has no 'daddy' involved.

Long story short...thank you for looking!!!!!!

sopapia

hey... i have a few carter's NB fleece sleepers that my girl is outgrowing. yes... i know they clear them out so fast in the stores so i went and bought everything up to 6mo 2wks ago. and two new preemie cotton (geranimals) long sleeve onesies and a new pair of pants if you are interested. and some other NB outfits. just let me know if you're interested. i can also go to carter's today (3 min away) to check. where are you?

you know you gals don't have to go to the stores... just call them up and ask them if they have them in the store. if they do, ask them to hold it for you. saves you a trip. i do that all the time.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Sopapia, I just sent you a PM, but thought I'd post here, too, in case anyone else had the same questions. I'm in Maryland and while there are Carter's stores here, they are like 90-120 min away from me.

Shirts are always great (because the babies wear onesies under a sleeper)...and pants are okay, but the nurses tend to 'pick' the sleeper style outfits for the babies because they are faster to change and accommodate the heart monitor wires, IV's, etc... better. But shirts and sleepers are great!

sopapia

i have a few creeper onesies too. and i'll try to look for some button front shirts (the kind for newborns b/c of umbellical stump) and they're white so gender neutral... i don't know if my nanny cut up all of those b/c i don't use them. :p have to wait a bit b/c it's raining really hard right now (to go out) and baby is sleeping in the room (to look for clothes). but i definitely have 2 used fleece sleepers and one new sleeper. don't worry... i took really good care of them... i don't put them in the dryer. i hate pilly clothes.

i'm a bit confused... is this for your baby or for the hospital? b/c you said you can provide a tax slip for donation... i thought only tax exempt entities can provide tax deductible receipts for tax purposes.

also, i don't understand why a baby would need fleece sleeper while in the warmer? is she in open crib already and close to going home? (i work in the NICU).

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
That would be great!

Nope, not for my baby. It's for the babies in the hospital where I work...it's a NICU-step down unit, and it's a non-profit. Most of the babies come from very low income families and the parents don't bring in clothes for their kids to wear so the babies wear 'our' hospital clothes. Problem is that so many of the outfits have gotten so worn after years of use, that they they are disgraceful!

So, yes, I can definitely provide someone with a tax-deduction slip!

celtic1885

does it have to be Carters? the outlet by me has only 1 fleece and it has a zipper. I can check the target/walmart/sams and costco near me as well. the biggest catch I think will be the "no zipper". I JUST cleared out my dd's jammies a couple of weeks ago and there were around 15 snap fleece/terry jammies in there - ugh. still looking will pm as soon as I find some.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC