Comparison photos of Regent, Nautilus, Frontier, Boulevard, and True Fit

Splash

Child is 3.5 years old, 40 pounds, 41-42 inches.

Graco Nautilus- Installed with recline mode

Showing top harness height (my finger)

Using second (of two) crotch strap position

Leg support

Hip room

Britax Frontier, installed with recline foot forward using LATCH

Headwings

Fourth "click" from the top (fifth of nine positions)

First (of three) crotch strap position

Leg support

Side view

Hip room

Highest harness slot (uninstalled)

Last edited:
ADS

Splash

First Years True Fit (uninstalled)

Frontal

Leg support

Harness (using third of four, he has about 1/2 less than this when installed)

Hip fit

Hip room

Second (of two) crotch strap position, already over it

Britax Regent (uninstalled)

Second (of four) harness slot

First (of two) crotch strap positions

Hip room

Leg support

Britax Boulevard (uninstalled)

Frontal view

Top harness position (my finger shows where his shoulder hits, slot in seat is slightly higher than slot in fabric)

Leg support

Child has the most growing room in the Regent, followed by Graco Nautilus and Britax Frontier (virtually identical), then True Fit (slightly less than GN and FN) and has essentially outgrown the Boulevard.

The crotch strap on the True Fit is too tight, and the Nautilus offers little "growing room" in that respect. The Frontier and Regent offer a tremendous amount of room in the crotch area.

Child prefers the True Fit and Nautilus, mostly because of the cup holders! He rides happily in all, but complains a bit about the Boulevard because the crotch strap is tight and there is little leg support.

Splash

All images can be clicked on to see full size image. All were taken the same day. Frontier installed in 2006 Subaru Forester. Nautilus installed in 2006 Mercury Monterey.

U

Unregistered

Splash--

THANK YOU!!
I have spent the past week researching the Frontier and Nautilus, (moving from the Boulevard) and my son happens to be almost the SAME size as your son, so it gave me a much better visual!!

Again, THANK YOU for taking the time to take the pictures and post--it is SO appreciated!

kphil

I didn't see these when you posted them, Splash--any chance you've tried C in a Radian in this same time frame? Just curious how it compares, particularly in the crotch depth area, as that is an issue with the seats we have/are considering at this point.

TheQueenMother

thank you so much for this thread. I think I will get dd a nauti for spare, she is almost the same size and I would love something smaller than the regent.
I am curious about his fit in the radian as well
Amanda

Splash

I didn't see these when you posted them, Splash--any chance you've tried C in a Radian in this same time frame? Just curious how it compares, particularly in the crotch depth area, as that is an issue with the seats we have/are considering at this point.

I can do that! I've been trying to get it done, I'll work on it this weekend!

mykidsmom

You state that your child has essentially outgrown the boulevard, but I am confused by that. He/She is below the top harness slot (which was stated as being a little above the slot in the cover) and head is below the top of the shell. Did you just mean that there isn't much more growing room? Or is it actually outgrown for some other reason?

Splash

By "essentially outgrown" I mean the difference from one car to the next, from a sweatshirt to none, from a (cloth, overnight) diaper to underpants, from slouching to sitting up straight. There really is that minimal of room in it, installed in my car 1/4" at best.

mom2juliarose

Child prefers the True Fit and Nautilus, mostly because of the cup holders! He rides happily in all, but complains a bit about the Boulevard because the crotch strap is tight and there is little leg support.

Thanks for sharing those pictures! It's really helpful for me, as we're looking for a 2nd seat right now.

You mention what Charlie prefers--can I ask what seat (or seats) you prefer for him (and why)?

Thanks!

Splash

My fav is far and away the GN. The install is super easy, loading/unloading is pretty easy, the harness is a dream. I also LOVED the TF but the crotch strap was way way way too short to be used in any real life situation. Had it been a little longer (not just deeper, longer), I would have kept that one.

My least favorite is the Frontier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC