I just installed 4 new frontiers - (6 installs!) suggestions for next time...

twinmommie

My 4 new frontiers arrived on friday - (early!!). I installed 2 in my Pontiac Grand Prix (2001) (old but paid off1:)) I had to do it about 3 times each. I tried the long path, but that didn't work, then I thought I had the short path correct, but my dh got them to wiggle about 3in ugh! So, we reinstalled them together in the Pontiac this morning at 6am! (we know how to live!) Leather seats are a pain. I was single when I bought the car... who knows what we'll get to replace it some day...

I also installed two with latch in out 2002 town and country. In captain chairs. The hardest part for me was unlatching the clips from the seat! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it! My twins are 4 1/2 (really 7/12) and my largest weighs 42 lbs. I don't think the Town and Country has locking belts in the second row captain chairs. I guess we will have to use the clips when we use the belts at 48lbs.

any suggestions about tricks to install easier? I am aching everywhere! I ALMOST gave up and put our compass bpbs back in the Pontiac. (It doesn't have latch, but does have locking belts that you have to pull all the way out and hold while sitting in the seat and pulling etc...you know the drill.

I was almost tempted to put the crotch strap in the outside slot just to make sure I dont have to remove the seats!

anyway, hints or suggestions for easier install are appreciated. (Can I hire someone to do this?)

ADS

Sceason1972

How fun, 4 new seats.

I'm pretty sure if the Town & Country has LATCH then it's also new enough to have locking seat belts. It could be that they are locking latch plates. So the shoulder portion will not lock but the lap portion will. Check the vehicle manual to be sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC