Loads of comparison pictures (Regent, True Fit, Frontier, BV, Nautilus)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I like the Nautilus.

I am jealous, though, that Charlie has that much room in the Nautilus. My three-year-old niece (turned three yesterday!) has to have the harness on the third-from-the-bottom slots. She is extremely long-torsoed.

mish

Hmm, I say keep the Nautilus or Frontier and sell me the True Fit! I never find good deals.

Honestly, I would probably keep the Nautilus because it is the easiest to install.

SPJ&E

I prefer the Nautilus (but I'm a little biased). He has tons of growing room, it installs easily, and it's a seat you actually like. You could always order one that has a different cover than the one you already have, so it's not the "exact" same thing.

It looks like Charlie fits similar to the way Pacey does...height wise, anyway. Pacey is either dead even or slightly over those 2nd slots (it's hard to tell), so he's on the next to last slots just to be on the safe side.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I've had a Frontier and Nautilus and I really, really prefer the Frontier.

The fit on my child, and on yours is just better, and there is a ton of grow room in every direction.

The crotch buckle position on the Nautilus isn't going to allow for much more growth, but on the Frontier it does.

My ds also LOVED the Frontier immediately, and never really cared for the Nautilus.

NannyMom

I say GN because you could install it easily, and it gives more crotch room than the TF.

Then you should sell me the TF.

seamonkeys

Yes, the Frontier can be bear to install, but I still prefer the fit on it over the Nautilus. HOWEVER, if you needed a seat that would have to put moved to different vehicles often, I'd go with the GN. That's pretty much the only reason I stuck with the FR - I have spares in DH's truck that I can use, so never need to move it!

Kat_Momof3

he's got plenty of room in the Nautilus, frontier, and regent to get him to age 6 (even if he has a huge Damian spurt at age 6)

the truefit is out... great for Sam, if he likes it... but not for Charlie

the boulevard is obviously out... barely any growroom.

He looks to have about the same amount of room in all 3 of the seats that I would consider, so he doesn't NEED the bulk of the Regent

The frontier has been giving you a lot of angst, so let's rule it out, since he looks to have lots of width room in the Nautilus or Regent,too.

So it is down to the Regent and Nautilus... up to you at this point... depending on your needs.

But I vote Nautilus... I know you have loading problems with it, but I think a lightweight stool in front of it on the floor would fix that.

Splash

Oh, Regent is out entirely. That was just for comparison. I'm actually gonna make another post eventually and embed a lot of these pictures into the post so people can compare the fit of these seats and have a better idea.

Charlie wants the TF. REALLY wants the TF. He was mad I put it in RF for Sam and he kept begging me to give it to him. Before he even went to bed he asked me to give it to him. Not making things easier here, bud. He has about 3 inches to go, not as much as the TF or FN, but the crotch buckle is what is killing me. It's really what's eating me about the GN as well.

The FN is a bear to install. I put it in tonight LBP with the recline block in booster mode... it installed better than with it in harness mode, but adjusting it is near impossible. I'll be putting it back in harness mode with LATCH. I *can* install it LBP, not as rock solid as i would like, but an acceptable install by all means. Takes a long effing time and is not easy in the least (VS the GN and TF which I can do effortlessly in minutes)

I want to keep the FN. I want to like the FN. I think it has a lot of great features, and it will fit him forever. The install is going to become an issue at 48 or 60 pounds (will Britax default to the vehicle manufacturer? It didn't say in the manual, that I remember seeing, and the sticked says to use it to the limits stated by your vehicle, which for mine is 60 pounds). If I can LATCH it until 60 pounds, that's great. He'll probably be too tall by 60 pounds, and Sam can move right on into it.

Ah... decisions.

Kat_Momof3

I know you're gone, but I'm typing this now so you can read it when you get back.

the frontier doesn't let you use latch after 40lbs... period.

so.... again, I vote Nautilus.

get him some cool fabric with his favorite things on them (dinosaurs??) and do patches by cutting out the dinos and then sewing them on.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=70815&highlight=patches

this thread shows it done with cars fabric on a turbo.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
the frontier doesn't let you use latch after 40lbs... period.

According to Sarah Tilton of Britax,

Therefore - you can use Britax products utilizing LATCH to the designated capacity indicated by the vehicle manufacturer. If the vehicle manufacturer does not indicate a weight capacity you should assume 40 lbs. for the safest scenario.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=736048&postcount=27

So, if a Frontier is installed in a vehicle with a stated LATCH limit, it can be installed with LATCH up to that limit. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

emandbri

Aw, I would keep Charlie in the true fit because it matches so well with his eyes! :D

I hope I don't offend anyone and their kids but seriously he really is just the cutest kid I have ever seen. :D

April

The Frontier is the best fit by far, IMO. If he loves the TF, why not let him keep it for now and then a year from now buy him something else?

Kat_Momof3

According to Sarah Tilton of Britax,

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=736048&postcount=27

So, if a Frontier is installed in a vehicle with a stated LATCH limit, it can be installed with LATCH up to that limit. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected... I clearly missed that part... I was simply going by the manual.... Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:

Aw, I would keep Charlie in the true fit because it matches so well with his eyes! :D

I hope I don't offend anyone and their kids but seriously he really is just the cutest kid I have ever seen. :D

no offense... I just love Charlie cause he reminds me of Jeffrey in his looks, Damian in his growth, and my niece Pammy in his personality... he's adorable... and if Splash ever decides to clone him... I want one!

:love:

Oops, clearly I was doing too many things at once last night (blogging, etc.). :eek: I've edited my previous post and fixed the link - should have been http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=736048&postcount=27.

How dare you mutlitask!!

Don't you know your whole purpose of being is to sit and post here??

:p

just kidding!!:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC