Question Narrowest backless boosters?

U

Unregistered

I have got three kids that are backless booster age/weight/test appropriate......wow.....! That took forever!

I'd like to put them three across in the third row of my 2002 Odyssey, but the ones I have really don't fit well.....you can't access the belt mechanism easily.

Cost is no object. I'll get three new ones if I have to.

Got two Graco Turboboosters back there right now (with backs on...and I will leave them that way if I get another one narrow enough one to go in the middle.)

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate it.

ADS

scatterbunny

How old, tall and heavy are the kids (that will make a difference in how they fit certain seats)?

Turbos are pretty narrow, so I'd recommend a Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster, most likely. It's width adjustable, and the narrowest booster available. I'm not sure if you can still find it, though (try online, Albee Baby had some last time I checked).

Do the kids fall asleep in the car? Are they really tall enough to have the shoulder belt fit correctly without a highback/belt positioner? Do you have a rear center shoulder belt and head rest?

Maedze

I believe the center rear position of a 2002 Honda Oddyssey is lap belt only, no head rest, which means you can not use a booster there at all. It's good for a harnessed seat only.

How old and what is the approximate height and weight of the children in question?

U

Unregistered

Thanks!

The kids are five and above.

They do well in boosters and pass the test.

We just moved to a new state where they don't even have to be in a seat after 5 (after moving from one of the strictest states) and they are the only kids in their school still in boosters at all. :( So I am hoping new jazzy seats will appeal to them anyway.

Is the Clek narrower?

My 2002 Honda Odyssey has a headrest in the middle position and full belt (the shoulder part comes from the ceiling, but still works...isn't that okay?). Is that unusual? Was it an upgrade? If so we didn't ask for it.

scatterbunny

The center shoulder belt from the ceiling is fine, it just tends to *really* not work well with backless boosters because if the angle of the belt. The Turbo and FPSV boosters are *not* narrower without the backs, so I'd really try to keep the backs on them, for the sleep support and side impact protection, not to mention belt positioning. Five is really young to be using backless boosters.

The Clek Olli/Ozzi backless is not narrow, due to the big armrests. It's a great backless, my favorite, actually, but I wouldn't choose it for 5yos, or for fitting three-across.

U

Unregistered

Thanks, Jenny.

I looked for the FPSV booster online but can't find one anywhere.

And this is Texas.....car seat laws very lax.....and I am finding almost no booster options in stores. :(

I am assuming there is not much demand. :(

My kids are very good at belting.....but the strap always hits funny without a booster. All three of my boys really NEED them in my opinion.

Are there any other options?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC