I am daunted by the task of installing the Regent

TheQueenMother

My preadvisory regent arrived. I have played with it for hours. I bought it for my 4 y/o who is in the top slots of her MA with growing room heighth wise but is looking snug in the shoulders. The Regent swallows her. My 7y/o is in the 2nd slots from the top. I tried my 22 lbs baby in the seat and he looks soo tiny. My 4lb Yorkie is crazy about napping there. I have gotten lots of use out of it uninstalled. But I can not myself to install that seat.
I am going to install it in the third row of a suburban on leather seats. I do not have latch anchors there so it will be seat belt install. From my understanding with the preadvisory I can use short and long belt paths despite weight, correct? Any suggestions as to which one will have the tightest install?
TIA
Amanda

ADS

Morganthe

I route LBP under t he cover + top tether. It all depends on where the top part of your belt emerges in your vehicle though. But I prefer LBP with the seat anyway. :shrug-shoulders: Takes a bit more work, but I feel it's less tippy and a more solid installation, especially if the vehicle lacks a top tether. (I have a pre-enhancement and don't use the recline bar)

Don't be intimidated by it. The regent is a large seat, but it's much more basic than others. Comfy barcolounger. ;)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I also find that I get a better install using LBP, when possible. (In fact, I'm very glad I have a pre-advisory Regent, because the ONLY way I can install it in my car is LBP w/no recline bar. :rolleyes:)

Don't be afraid to ask someone for help if you need it. I need my DH to help me pull the seatbelt through as I push the Regent back/down with my knees.

Don't forget to come back and let us know how it goes! :)

MoreLatte

I don't want to sound all sour grapes here, but I really had a difficult time getting my Regent installed in the 3rd row of my Suburban:(

The seatbelt in mine was not long enough for LBP. I was able to get it in SBP, but with lots of movement. Mine required the recline bar, so that may have been some of my problem. You will probably need to twist your buckle stalks to get it nice and tight.

Let us know how it goes!:)

skaterbabs

The most difficult part of the Regent install is the sheer mass of the seat. It's very intimidating, but it's easier than you think it is.

What year is your Suburban?

Melizerd

I'm in the don't be intimidated group.

Size doesn't mean it's going to be hard. I have a post-advisory seat and I get LBP with recline bar beautifully in my car. I've had it in 3 cars now and it's gone well in all.

I could try it in a tahoe today if I got ambitious. It's older, so no LATCH but it might be fun :D

wondering1

I always feel the massive weight of installing a new seat into the car or installing the familiar seat into a different car. The consequences can be great so I do feel "scared" of installing seats, too. Once I've gotten it in there, had a CPST go over it, then I relax. It can take me hours to install the seat the first time because I take breaks. It is very emotional for me for some reason!

Take it out - and start - take breaks as needed - read over the manual - post a message with pictures, as needed...we're here for you!

skaterbabs

Oh, just to make it easier the first time (or few times) you install it, sometimes it helps to have another pair of hands. You absolutely CAN install it by yourself, but until you get the hang of it, sometimes having someone to help can be a good thing.

Try pulling the belt out all the way BEFORE feeding it through the belt path. (This is where having that extra set of hands comes in.) That allows you to move the latchplate down the length of the belt so you're not fighting tii much lap belt and not enough shoulder belt later on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC