Question Which convertable seat?

mygirlkat74

Okay, my piggy little girl 6 months is 21lbs. Her infant seat goes to 22lbs. So I need a convertable one now.

I have been to BRU, all they had to try her in is the Marathon No BLVD in the store, no True Fit, or Recaro, and we did try it in my mini van which only had 3/4 bench seat on the second row. But, it was afully close to the nautilus and was a hard fit and kept knocking off the arm rest on the nautilus to get it in.

My son is in a Nautilus and is next to her, the Marathon didn't fit all to well on there, and I really don't want to move my son who is 3.5 years old to the rear bench seat.

I really wanted to try to true fit and the Recarao como or sigma in to see if it would fit. But they don't have either seat and was told by the associate that they won't carry those in that store. Its the only BRU for miles, heck I had to drive 50 miles just to get there today. I live in middle hole no where in Kentucky.

I am hoping I made some since, I have been driving forever and im just tired of looking at car seats that my mind is not thinking straight.

Oh I forgot Target didn't have the True fit either or any BLVD. Just a roundabout and the Marathon on display none to sell.

ADS

mcomommy

That is hard not being able to try them first. Amazon has a really good return policy, maybe you could order on of there, like the trufit for example. It is a awesome seat and if it does not work just return it :)

emandbri

What kind of van do you have? Maybe others can share what might fit.

It also might be possible to move the back bench to the middle then you can put each kid on the side, I know you can do this with some caravans.

libranbutterfly

Where are you in KY? If you want to PM me that info, I may be able to help youout.i have a 1996 Grand caravan, and several seats we could try out in your van or mine. The boulevard is the same size as the marathon. I think you should be able to figure out something, I can fit a husky and RF of FF Marathon on my middle bench seat. I can also get the husky and nautilus there.

mygirlkat74

Its a 2003 caravan.

I live in Wagersville(Hicksville, as I call it). Very,very small town near Daniel boone Nat. Forest. I was in Lexington, KY today.

I may see if the seats can reverse to put the smaller one in the rear. DUH I never thought of that one. Maybe its because DH has my car more than I do.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
But, it was afully close to the nautilus and was a hard fit and kept knocking off the arm rest on the nautilus to get it in.

I know this wasn't the crux of your question, but this came up on another thread earlier today:

I just wanted to add that if the armrests pop out very easily for you, they might not be in properly. (This was a common problem on the early versions of the seat.) When you push them in, you'll hear a click, and many people assume that means they're in--but then they come out with almost no effort. You need to keep pushing down until you hear another, more distinctive click--then they're IN.

The TrueFit is wider than the Marathon (I believe), so if you're already having space issues, that probably won't work. The Recaros are pretty wide, too (I think similar to the MA).

Elite Car Seats offers shipping insurance (for $4.99 or so), so you can easily ship things back. Other sites (as a PP mentioned) probably do, too.

If you need something narrow, you might want to look into a Radian.

mygirlkat74

Okay, I did check this morning to see about moving the third row up to the second and It can, but there is no latch systen for the third row and there is no tether either. I did check the seat belts they don't lock and they are all twisted, I tired to untwist them, Its horrible and I can't.

Any suggestions, My sons Scenera did fit okay next to the Nautilus, but is close to being out of date in May.
Also can I take it to a Dealer and see if they can untwist the car seats. If I do move the third row bench to the second position.

Also, I was thinking of the Marathon or the BLVD if it does fit, only because I really liked the rf tethering option of that seat. And I looked there is no place to tetter it on the floor or on either of the seats, that plastic that cover the metal goes all around and don't come off.

Kat_Momof3

they lock at the buckle... it's hard to explain how to untwist them... it's in the manual of my van (2005), not sure about yours...

oh, and the nautilus armrests shouldn't pop off... if they are doing that, it means you didn't push them down and in all the way.

mygirlkat74

Don't have the Manual to the van. I am going to have to find a place and order one. It was bought used in 2006. I will try pushing down harder on the armrest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC