When you're talking to yourself about seats

rodentranger

do you use forum abbreviations in your head?
For instance, do you think "Evenflo Triumph Advance" or "EFTA"?
I keep catching myself wanting to call seats by their abbreviations to non-car seat people. My SIL isn't going to know what an EFTA is...
(Sorry if this should actually be in off-topic.)

ADS

Pixels

Yeah, I do. Depending on the seat. EFTA is EFTA, but Radian and RN is always Radian (I read "RN" as Radian in my head), MA is always Marathon.
I also think "SIL" instead of "sister in law" if I'm saying it that way to other people. "DH" instead of "my husband," too.

zeo2ski

Hahahaha!
Yes.
And it gets worse--when I get my summer/winter tires switched they mark "left front" as "LF" etc, and of course all winter long I've had a "rear facing" tire...
My DH has a pair of mechanics gloves that say TrueFit.
I had to send some diapers to addresses with Blvd.
Everytime I see GN for gender neutral I see Graco nautilus.
It's bad.

NannyMom

do you use forum abbreviations in your head?
For instance, do you think "Evenflo Triumph Advance" or "EFTA"?
I keep catching myself wanting to call seats by their abbreviations to non-car seat people. My SIL isn't going to know what an EFTA is...
(Sorry if this should actually be in off-topic.)

LOL! Yes I do :) I was even talking to the manager at BRU once (he likes to talk carseats with me). I mentioned the EFTA and he asked what that was :confused: Oops! :)

Mama Jo

I was talking with another shopper at BRU today looking at carseats. She was asking me my opinion on a couple of them because I must have looked like I knew a little something about them because I was playing with all of them! lol... And so when she asked me, I told her I thought that the EFTA would be a good option for her because she was grandma and it was going to be used RF'ing and FF'ing for 3 different kiddos at different times, and it had the infinite adjust harness, but then I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was actually called!! I kept calling it the EFTA, and she was looking at me like I was speaking another language, so then I kept trying to call it the Evenflo Turbo-something or other... I had to look at the sign to remember what it was actually called!!

Pixels

I was talking with another shopper at BRU today looking at carseats. She was asking me my opinion on a couple of them because I must have looked like I knew a little something about them because I was playing with all of them! lol... And so when she asked me, I told her I thought that the EFTA would be a good option for her because she was grandma and it was going to be used RF'ing and FF'ing for 3 different kiddos at different times, and it had the infinite adjust harness, but then I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was actually called!! I kept calling it the EFTA, and she was looking at me like I was speaking another language, so then I kept trying to call it the Evenflo Turbo-something or other... I had to look at the sign to remember what it was actually called!!
So much for looking like you actually know what you're talking about!

Shaunam

It depends on the seat. EFTA is always abbreviated in my head. Regent is never (does that even have an abbreviation?).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm SO lucky I haven't used an abbreviation when speaking with customers at BRU (uh...yet... :eek:).
It's bad enough I expect people to know what 'tall top slots' means and usually have to end up explaining it after they ask me what the heck I'm talking about :rolleyes: (Oh, and that they think I'm an insane woman for saying the AO/E's don't go to 100 pounds...but that's a whole 'nother story, lol, "No, no, you have to look at THAT number, the harness weight....")

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC