Clek Olli Q?

tiggercat

Does this not come with a shoulder belt adjustor? I just bought one for Greg and the shoulder belt crosses his chest ok in our vehicle, but I would like the option for other vehicles.
Also, those armrests are bigger than I thought. I hope I can 3 across with it.

ADS

mish

What do you drive? I don't think I've ever been able to do three across with an olli. The arm rests are really wide.

tiggercat

What do you drive? I don't think I've ever been able to do three across with an olli. The arm rests are really wide.

Don't tell me that, Mish! I drive an '03 Camry. With an MA that I'm a bit attached to. :love: It's so not going to work, is it?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Haven't had it NOT fit a kid yet, fortunately. If you can find an Oto (you're in Canada where they had them, they are now discontinued but might still be around), THAT works great for three across...it's very light and small compared to the Olli :) (I've begged Clek to sell it here, but no dice :p)

tiggercat

Haven't had it NOT fit a kid yet, fortunately. If you can find an Oto (you're in Canada where they had them, they are now discontinued but might still be around), THAT works great for three across...it's very light and small compared to the Olli :) (I've begged Clek to sell it here, but no dice :p)

I only found the Oto at CDN tire, and they were quite old and full price. I prefer the armrests for easy buckling, and don't want to lose that much life on a seat.

Kat, he is 65+lbs so he's plenty big, and the fit in my vehicle is very good. I just don't want to get into a situation where the belt isn't quite optimal. Good to know it shouldn't be an issue.

mish

Don't tell me that, Mish! I drive an '03 Camry. With an MA that I'm a bit attached to. :love: It's so not going to work, is it?

It depends on what you are puzzling it with, but I doubt you can do a three across in a car with it. I really do hope it works for you!

Kat_Momof3

Silly Kat, it starts at 4 and 40 inches. :whistle:

yes, but that doesn't mean I think they are big enough :whistle:

I don't think a kid under 6 should use one.... and then preferably as a spare only

in cars that are incompatible with a highback is the only exception (and ideally they would be then harnessed to age 6), and every one that I've ever seen that are like that (with those fixed angled headrests) had seatbelt adjusters for the shoulderbelt to help them fit (thinking of Oldsmobile alero to be specific)

But I think it also goes back to not every seat fitting every car.

Kat_Momof3

It depends on what you are puzzling it with, but I doubt you can do a three across in a car with it. I really do hope it works for you!

I disagree... it depends on what you're puzzling it with, though, for sure.

I would think the Marathon could go on the other side, but you'd need something narrow in the middle... like a radian.

it sounds like it's time for me to stop dawdling on it and get some pics of the kids in dh's car so I can demonstrate using it 3-across in a 2-door.

Kat_Momof3

I only found the Oto at CDN tire, and they were quite old and full price. I prefer the armrests for easy buckling, and don't want to lose that much life on a seat.

Kat, he is 65+lbs so he's plenty big, and the fit in my vehicle is very good. I just don't want to get into a situation where the belt isn't quite optimal. Good to know it shouldn't be an issue.

yeah, I seem to remember Greg being a pretty tall kid (just haven't seen a pic of him in a long time)

But Jeffrey certainly doesn't need any help getting the belt to fit with it and he's 70lbs and 4'2", if that helps.

In fact, when he was still in the parkway and I tested him in backless boosters, the only one he had trouble with was that super thin and skinny cosco backless... it still put the shoulderbelt on his neck.

thicker boosters didn't give that problem. And while the olli is thin in the back, it's very thick in the front, and it seems to position the lapbelt further toward the legs than the cosco one does.

Shoot... I got rid of the cosco one already (gave it away)... I should have gotten comparison shots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC