Britax Marathon - Portland & Dragonfly Cover - Old or New?

SarahP

Howdy everyone,
I just found an online store having a sale on Britax Marathon seats - which I am now thinking about for my 1 year old 27" 17lb baby girl. (she was a preemie, but on the charts in the 3rd % now).
Now don't all run off before you answer my question - ha ha ha only kidding. Traveling Tikes.com http://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/?E+scstore is having a sale on the Britax Marathon. The Marathon with Portland cover is 218.99 and with Dragonfly cover is 229. What I am wondering is, are these old covers on old seats or up to date new seats with new covers?
Thank you for all of your help. I really would like to get my children the safest car seat I can afford.

ADS

SarahP

Britax Marathon sale - pt 2

I am sorry for the double post, but I thought I should mention that there are many more patters on the site, and it says Free Shipping as well!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My niece has two Marathons with the Portland cover. The seats were purchased at BRU in May 2005. I am not sure about the DOM, but I think it was around Jan 2005.

I don't know about the Dragonfly DOM. I think that is a *fairly* new cover (within the past 6 months, I think).

Kellyr2

I am certain that the Dragonfly is a pattern from within at least the past 12 months - its just one of the couture patterns - not the ones widely available. I was able to find a lot of them when I was looking around this past winter.

SarahP

Made in 2005 expires in 2011?

So, if I understand this expiry situation - a seat made in Jan 2005 would expire Jan 2011, 6 years after manufacture, or is it 6 years after purchase?

Patriot20171 said:
My niece has two Marathons with the Portland cover. The seats were purchased at BRU in May 2005. I am not sure about the DOM, but I think it was around Jan 2005.

I don't know about the Dragonfly DOM. I think that is a *fairly* new cover (within the past 6 months, I think).

rescuedcat

Senior Community Member
SarahP said:
So, if I understand this expiry situation - a seat made in Jan 2005 would expire Jan 2011, 6 years after manufacture, or is it 6 years after purchase?

Six years from the date it was manufactured.

SarahP

Old color cover new seat

I just called the TravelingTikes customer service line, and she assured me that they sell their seats within about a month of receiving them. She said if I ordered a seat now, the oldest date of manufacture should be July 2006-- I'll be picking out a cover for my 1yo daughter tonight.

cso1997

On another board someone bought a Dragonfly MA from Albee Baby. It was less than a month old, so they are still being made.

SarahP

Looks like a Portland

:) I went over to eBay to check out the patterns. I know not to buy a seat there, but I knew that eBay sellers would put nice BIG pictures of patterns, while a lot of times stores give thumbprints. Hubby said no to Dragonfly, so Portland it will be. I really like the Paws one (doggy prints) and handful (baby hand prints), but I am guessing they are not available.
So, I guess unless someone can tell me a good reason why my small 1 year old daughter would not be safe in the Marathon - she'll be riding in one next week. :) Next month we'll address the Regent again. We can only do one at a time.
Thanks every one

becca011906

Senior Community Member
The Marathon is what i'm getting for my dd this week too, looking and looking and looking though, hoping and hoping for a smaller price drop since new fabrics are now out but we'll see what happens by monday... then i'm getting a regent too for my 4 y/o

SarahP

Marathon price

I have checked about a gazillion sites - (I went to dogpile.com and did a search for Britax coupon) and that is where I found the $219 price for the marathon. That seems to be the best that I can find. Oh well - if it is too ugly we can get a new cover on eBay, or I can help her spill something on it!
ha ha ha! I do wish I could see it before I buy it, but we are so far out in the country...
Is your 4 year old a boy or a girl? I did see a regent on sale with the Blue Floral (or something like that cover). I think it was $229. I'll look again and post the link. Make that Blue Boutique. It is on sale at Albee Baby.com http://www.specialtybaby.com/brreyocarsei2.html AlbeeBaby also has some Marathons on sale for the 218 and 230 neighborhoods.

becca011906 said:
The Marathon is what i'm getting for my dd this week too, looking and looking and looking though, hoping and hoping for a smaller price drop since new fabrics are now out but we'll see what happens by monday... then i'm getting a regent too for my 4 y/o

lovinwaves

Sarah,
I purchased two new marathons from TravelingTikes June 12, 2006. My Seats DOM is March 2006. That's ok with me though. The two seats I got were brand new, so brand new and popular in fact that I had a hard time finding them. Then when I did find them the retailer was sold out, and told me I had to go on a waiting list. Traveling Tikes was the only one that had my two seats I wanted in Stock, Free Shipping, No Sales Tax, and could ship them that day!!

I loved dealing with TravelingTikes. I had no Sales Tax, and NO shipping. They also shipped same day! Great customer service also!!

-Melissa-

SarahP

How long to Missouri

Hi Melissa;
I cannot say I know where Smithville is, but as I am in Pulaski County, Missouri -- can you tell me about how long Shipping time-- How long from when you ordered to to when it arrived? I know the site says allow 48 hours from ordering to shipping and 7-10 business days for delivery - but how long did it really take? :) I foresee another trip up to the Lebanon Fire Department for seat installation checks. (or reinstallation if I cannot figure it out! Those guys are great!

lovinwaves said:
Sarah,
I purchased two new marathons from TravelingTikes June 12, 2006. My Seats DOM is March 2006. That's ok with me though. The two seats I got were brand new, so brand new and popular in fact that I had a hard time finding them. Then when I did find them the retailer was sold out, and told me I had to go on a waiting list. Traveling Tikes was the only one that had my two seats I wanted in Stock, Free Shipping, No Sales Tax, and could ship them that day!!

I loved dealing with TravelingTikes. I had no Sales Tax, and NO shipping. They also shipped same day! Great customer service also!!

-Melissa-

lovinwaves

Sarah, Let me look up my records and I will let you know. What city do you live in? I am assuming near Lebanon. I am about 20 minutes north of Downtown Kansas City.

lovinwaves

Ok Sarah, I ordered it on a Monday and they arrived at my house on that same Thursday. Also, they are 2 hours behind us, so that helps with ordering that day. I would order in the morning that way they will have time to get it shipped out. I think they might have done something a little special for me (or maybe not), but I was leaving for a trip on Friday morning. The lady said she would be sure that the seats shipped that Monday, and then it was just up to UPS to get them there on time, which they did thankfully :) I hope this helps!

They will also send you an email confirming your order and also giving you the tracking info so you can go to UPS's website to track your carseats

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC