Questions about Frontier sahara cover...

vermontmoms

Is it true that the sahara cover is thicker just like the marathon cover? If you have this cover do you have any problems with it?

Are all the other cover styles mesh? Does anyone have the Canyon fabric and if so do you like it and is it mesh too?

Thanks!
Jen

We are getting two new seats this weekend and need to know the best fabric to get in this seat.:confused:

ADS

Heather98012

Actually, I think the green part in the Sahara cover is mesh just like the other ones. I haven't seen one IRL, but if you look REALLY close at the pics...it looks like the other mesh covers. HTH!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
If the "green" (it's more of a grayish brown) fabric on the Sahara Frontier is the same as on the Sahara Regent - which I think it is - it's NOT mesh. And the tan fabric is not plush - it's more of a suede-like fabric. We've had a Sahara Regent for over two years and my DS says it's quite comfortable. And we've had no trouble keeping it clean and nice. :thumbsup:

mish

I have the Canyon and the black parts are mesh. The brown part is kind of like suede. I like it. Then again, I don't hate mesh like everyone else does.

sopapia

If the "green" (it's more of a grayish brown) fabric on the Sahara Frontier is the same as on the Sahara Regent - which I think it is - it's NOT mesh. And the tan fabric is not plush - it's more of a suede-like fabric. We've had a Sahara Regent for over two years and my DS says it's quite comfortable. And we've had no trouble keeping it clean and nice. :thumbsup:

i agree. we also have the regent. the "green" part is not mesh... it's a knit that doesn't get too hot. i think it's like the speedway, platinum or onyx middle part. it's not plush. the tan part feels like suede. i think it's a nice cover. it's not plush like all the rest of britax covers but it doesn't get hot in the summer.

ptsang

We have both the rushmore cover and sahara cover.
We purchased the frontier rushmore at the very beginning and the mesh is falling apart. Britax was willing to replaced it and willing to send us something different. I requested the sahara because the CS said it is not mesh. I just recieved the sahara replacement few days ago. IT IS NOT MESH! The greenish part looks meshy in the photos but it is not. And it feels a bit firm or tough, like a starched shirt feeling. It is also not plush like the others, ie not like marathon or roundabout. The side fabrics is suede like.

I just hope the replacement sahara holds up better than the rushmore. Otherwise, it is pointless to have a car seat that has a 9 year life span and allows kids to use it until 100 lbs, but the cover only last 1-2 years.

catfeet

And, if you've got any questions about hte install, PM me...I work for GHSP in VT (AKA the carseat program) and can give you the scoop on where the fitting stations all are!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC