Pre and Post advisory Regents? What's the deal?

twinsmom

What is all the stuff I've read about pre-advisory and post-advisory Regents? What's the difference, and what was the "advisory"? :)How do I tell which ones I have?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Pre-advisory Regents you could install with the long-belt-path or short-belt-path methods, with or without the recline bar, for any sized child.

Post-advisory requires the recline bar at all times, and the SBP for kids over 40 lbs, LBP for kids under.

So basically, you had a lot more installation options with the pre-advisory Regents.

The advisory was sometime in 2007--June? I'm sure someone will be along with a link.

If you have a Regent before that date, you were sent (or were encouraged to send away for) a kit that included new stickers and a longer LATCH strap. Or you could make the parental decision to keep installing it however you wanted.

Seats made since that date must follow the new directions.

I believe the changes were instituted because the seats perform BETTER with the new methods, though they didn't fail without them.

twinsmom

I got mine in late 2007, but I think I have "post-advisory" because the directions required the recline bar, and I remember reading about changing the belt path at 40lbs. Why do some people say they love the "pre", and hate the "post"?

MomToEliEm

I have one pre-advisory and one post-advisory regent. I really like the flexibility of the installation instructions that I have on my pre-advisory regent. It allows me a better chance of getting a good installation in most cars. Some cars just can't do the long belt path with the recline bar while others don't work well with the short belt path install at all.

I have also found that my DD#1 gets around .5" more height in the pre-advisory regent when installed because it is installed without the recline bar giving it more of an upright install. With it being more upright, it gives my daughter a little more room before she outgrows it (she already outgrew the regent with the recline bar used).

I have measured the two seats and they both have identical slot heights when measured with a tape measure.

Last edited:

Melizerd

Some people LOVE the pre because they don't get a good install for the post. So if you had a car that you couldn't get the LBP to work you're outta luck on the post one before 40lbs, or maybe the recline bar really gave you a hard time in your car you could just decide to not use it. Now you HAVE to use it.

I never had a pre so I don't mind my post since it works for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC