Marathon, Boulevard, or wait for newly released seats?

tny915

I keep going back and forth as to whether I should get the Marathon or Boulevard. I like the wings of the Boulevard and it just looks like it offers better protection, but I just read a post where someone said the wings can make it a bit harder to get RF child situated in the car.

And then I happened upon the to-be-released Britax seats thread and am wondering whether I should wait to see what these new seats offer. I'm curious about the Advocate and that new Roundabout 50. DD still fits very comfortably in her Keyfit (just under 17#, middle harness slots), and I'm really not in a hurry to move her. The only reason I was researching seats now was because of the Britax sales everywhere.

So buy now with the good prices? And if so, then which seat? Or wait to decide since I'm not in a hurry?

ADS

zeo2ski

How old/tall is your DD? If it's going to be like 6 mos before you need a new seat and you buy it now, then you're 6 mos into your 6 year lifespan so really is that percentage even worth the sale price difference? (I really don't know the answer to that, just throwing the idea out).

Of course if it's less than 6 mos she has in the KF, then the new seats may not even be out.

Helpful, huh?

But between the MA and the BLVD, I had a MA and replaced it with a BLVD for the headwings. It's definitely not any harder to get my 10 mos old (he's been in it since 5.5 mos) or my almost 2.5 year old into the BLVD. But I don't have a sedan so idk about that aspect. I really love the way the headwings cradle their heads--especially the baby, it's way better than his snugride was then or is now as far as cradling the head, and even for sleeping support. The MA is a bit wider than the SR inside, so that would have given even less support. BUT I also still have a soft spot for my MA, it's a great seat. If I were to go out today and chose between a MA and a BLVD I'd definitely get a BLVD, hands down.

lorinick

I'd chose the Blvd. I love the wings and don't think it's any harder getting my 18 mt. old out of the Blvd verses the MA. The Blvd wings are great for sleeping and they sure couldn't hurt to have in a crash. Side air bags or not. I love both seats but think the Blvd is worth the extra bucks.

lnwn

I definitely like the Boulevard better than the Marathon... but I have only tried out the Marathon at the store... I just like the way my son fits in the BLVD better and I like the no re-thread harness feature a lot.

FYI on the Boulevard sales.... I just bought a Boulevard CS from Target.com for $280 with free shipping. I chose Target so I could return it to the store if it didn't work out for me. No return shipping. I chose the CS because the Britax customer rep I talked to said that would be best bet for getting a recent manufacture date...

The manufacture date is Jan 2009! Not bad.

(I also bought the Evenflo Triumph Advance for $110 from Target at the same time to compare the seats and the manufacture date on that one is June 2007. BOO!)

NannyMom

I definitely like the Boulevard better than the Marathon... but I have only tried out the Marathon at the store... I just like the way my son fits in the BLVD better and I like the no re-thread harness feature a lot.

FYI on the Boulevard sales.... I just bought a Boulevard CS from Target.com for $280 with free shipping. I chose Target so I could return it to the store if it didn't work out for me. No return shipping. I chose the CS because the Britax customer rep I talked to said that would be best bet for getting a recent manufacture date...

The manufacture date is Jan 2009! Not bad.

(I also bought the Evenflo Triumph Advance for $110 from Target at the same time to compare the seats and the manufacture date on that one is June 2007. BOO!)

June 2007 :eek: Personally, I'd take it into the store and exchange for a newer DOM.

NannyMom

Good idea. I didn't think of that. I hope they have them in stock!

Also wanted to make sure you know many seats have the DOM on the outside of the box. Not sure if the EFTA does or not... but look it over before you open it up :)

lnwn

Thanks. I think it does. It says 06/07 next to the model #s but it doesn't say "date of manufacture" like the Blvd does. So I assumed that is what the 06/07 means. I haven't looked on the actual seat though. :whistle:

NannyMom

I keep going back and forth as to whether I should get the Marathon or Boulevard. I like the wings of the Boulevard and it just looks like it offers better protection, but I just read a post where someone said the wings can make it a bit harder to get RF child situated in the car.

And then I happened upon the to-be-released Britax seats thread and am wondering whether I should wait to see what these new seats offer. I'm curious about the Advocate and that new Roundabout 50. DD still fits very comfortably in her Keyfit (just under 17#, middle harness slots), and I'm really not in a hurry to move her. The only reason I was researching seats now was because of the Britax sales everywhere.

So buy now with the good prices? And if so, then which seat? Or wait to decide since I'm not in a hurry?

I have both a MArathon and a Boulevard. The Marathon is her primary seat. THe BV is in grandpa's car. I initially bought the BV because it made me feel better about having her outboard in Dad's car (wouldn't fit center). In the Marathon, she sits center so I don't feel the need to have the headwings.

If you're stretching your budget to buy the seats, I'd feel fine with the Marathon. If the wings on the BV make you feel like she's safer, than buy it. I'm curious to see the new Roundabout 50 :) I'm not going to be a huge fan ofthe Advocate though because I don't like the CS seats :eek: But like a previous poster said... if your baby's not ready for the new seat, is the loss of usable months worth the discount?

LilypadMom

Senior Community Member
I like the wings of the Boulevard and it just looks like it offers better protection, but I just read a post where someone said the wings can make it a bit harder to get RF child situated in the car.

I haven't used a Marathon, but I didn't find the headwings on the Boulevard to be a problem rf'ing at all. I just turned my daughter around because she outgrew the Blvd by height, she is 3 years and almost 5 months. She's also very tall (always above the 90th percentile) but a lot of her length is in her legs. I had no problem getting her into the Blvd rf'ing last week, and she could climb into herself without a problem.

NannyMom

Why don't you like the CS seats?

Sometimes they click when they're not tight enough. Sometimes they click when they're too tight, or don't click at all. To me, it's just not worth the extra money. Maybe some people love them, I don't know. But I don't.

lnwn

The stinks that you can't count on the click. It was only $20 more than the regular Blvd and I wanted to be sure it was a newer seat since they were so deeply discounted.

Is it still a good seat otherwise? As long as you don't count on that click?

I am pretty sure I know when the harness is tight enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC