Finally ordered my BLVD!

Mama Jo

After going round and round and round.... I finally ordered the BLVD I had originally set my heart on. Between the Radian XT, the new TF670 coming out soon, and the BLVD... I was having such a hard time!! I want the best of the best of the best, and since I couldn't decide which was safer, better, etc. etc., I just got the BLVD because I really wanted the CowMoo!!

And then I ordered a Frontier because my DD fell in love with it when we "tried it on" at BRU... and because let's face it, I have a problem...

So now I think I better wash, wax, vaccuum and detail my car before they get here, because it's certainly not worthy of receiving such carseats in its current condition!!

ADS

lorinick

You will love the Blvd. There is nothing not to like IMO. It's a great seat. We've been using it since ds was 7 mts. old his now 18mts. and still in love with it.

lnwn

I ordered mine 2/4 and it arrived yesterday! Free shipping from Target. That was fastest shipping ever. I cannot believe how easy it was to install! I had the hardest time finding the latch connectors because they were hidden so well!

The latch clips are awesome and each side is separate instead of one long cord! In all my research, I never picked up on that detail. So each side you pull to adjust separately! I can't believe what a difference that makes.

The only problem I am having (So far) is that the base is so wide that it is wider than the separation between my latch loops. Is that bad? I got a tight install but the latch clip on one side is in front of the base.

And I haven't even gotten to the rear-facing tether. It was too late in the evening to try to wrap my mind around that.

Mama Jo

Are you using the correct LATCH anchors? Some vehicles have overlapping LATCH anchors - like the ones for the middle seat overlap the ones for the outside seat, so like if you're installing outboard, you'd use the one closest to the window, then the next one might be for the center seat and the next one for your seat. I don't know if that makes sense... check your owner's manual for your car. Now, if your car doesn't have LATCH for the center seat at all, this wouldn't be the case. What kind of car do you have? There might be a tech on here who is familiar with your vehicle.

lnwn

Mine doesn't have latch anchors for the center seat. It is a Scion XB. I have installed six different seats in this car and the Blvd has been the only one with a base that wide. It is about two and a half inches wider than the distance btwn the two anchors.

After taking another look at it, I think it might be affecting the recline. It definitely isn't at 45 degrees but is there any trick for telling if it is reclined enough? I haven't taken a trip it in yet because I am not comfortable with the install just yet. I wonder how I would use a towel or a noodle if the latch connection is in front of the base? Does that raise any alarm bells for the techs?

There is absolutely no moving it... it is in there tight!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC