It's HERE!!!

Splash

Rather, it's THERE (home) and I'm HERE (work).

Can one call in "car seat?" "Sorry, boss, gotta fly, my new seat is here, and, well, priorities and all."

I ordered it on Monday with 5-7 week shipping.

Oh I soooo hope it works. Otherwise... I guess I'll finagle the Regent back into the van, somehow, and put the GN back in my car.

Oh, and the UPS man asked AJ if she "ran a daycare or something." She thought it was because she had a friend over with her three kids... nope! He said "You're always getting car seats and [cloth] diapers delivered."

Note- You know you have a problem when the UPS man comments on your car seat deliveries.

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Oh, and the UPS man asked AJ if she "ran a daycare or something." She thought it was because she had a friend over with her three kids... nope! He said "You're always getting car seats and [cloth] diapers delivered."

Note- You know you have a problem when the UPS man comments on your car seat deliveries.

:ROTFLMAO:

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see how you like it! I hope it's :love: at first sight!

Mama Jo

Rather, it's THERE (home) and I'm HERE (work).

Can one call in "car seat?" "Sorry, boss, gotta fly, my new seat is here, and, well, priorities and all."

I think I feel a migraine coming on...

That's hilarious! They would probably think the same thing about me but no one's ever home to sign, so they just leave it on the porch... I'm not sure which of my addictions is more severe - the diaper one or the carseat one!! LOL

My unofficial diagnosis is that you have an acute case of carseatitis that requires immediate attention. I'd write you a prescription but I'm not a tech ;)

zeo2ski

That's hilarious! They would probably think the same thing about me but no one's ever home to sign, so they just leave it on the porch... I'm not sure which of my addictions is more severe - the diaper one or the carseat one!! LOL

I got the chance to pinpoint mine today--had an entire stash for 2 kids coming today and I didn't give a **** because my XT is out for delivery today too!! I figured the dipes would be waiting at the PO with a ticket in my mailbox and they'd stay there til Sat or Mon because I'd be too busy playing with my new seat...lucky for the dipes the mailman dropped the box at the house this morning and the seat has yet to come, so at least they got a little love.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

I

LOL..yes, I think calling in "car seat delivery" is completely acceptable. :thumbsup:

And I had the same thing happen...A lady came to my door selling something..and I was like "um, no, I have no money to spend onXXXX" and she was trying to cajole, you know, salesmanship and all...and she said something like "c'mon, you have a daycare here, you must be making some money."
i was like ...:confused: I don't run a daycare? And she looked at our backyard and swept her hand over it and was like "but you've got all this stuff.."
Okay, so maybe my (at the time, 1) child did not need a full-size trampoline, giant swingset, sandbox, 3-4 tricycles, 2-wheel bike, 2 mototrized ride-on cars, 2-3 non-mototized play cars, kiddie pool, bucket of bubble supplies, 15,000 balls, 2 basketball hoops, bucket of chalk, large playhouse, large climbing xtructure, small climbing structure, play tent, couple of scooters, skates, wagon,play wagon...etc. :duck:
But I do NOT have a daycare.
:whistle:

Pixels

OK, which one is it? You've been buying or talking about buying so many different ones lately that I've lost track. THAT shows you have a problem.

sirrahn

Funny about the UPS guy thinking you must have a daycare.:D

Just last week I was waiting at the ortho for my oldest DS and the UPS guy came in to deliver something for them. I immediately recognized him as the one who'd delivered to our old house for years. I used to have *lots* of car seat and cloth diaper orders too. Plus I just like to shop online. He was always so nice and carried the car seats into the house for me:love:

We haven't lived there for almost 3 years, but apparently, he recognized me too, and struck up a conversation. He remembered me as the one with "all those kids". I wasn't quite sure if I should be impressed or embarrassed that he remembered me LOL!

Stretchy Glue

LOL..yes, I think calling in "car seat delivery" is completely acceptable. :thumbsup:

And I had the same thing happen...A lady came to my door selling something..and I was like "um, no, I have no money to spend onXXXX" and she was trying to cajole, you know, salesmanship and all...and she said something like "c'mon, you have a daycare here, you must be making some money."
i was like ...:confused: I don't run a daycare? And she looked at our backyard and swept her hand over it and was like "but you've got all this stuff.."
Okay, so maybe my (at the time, 1) child did not need a full-size trampoline, giant swingset, sandbox, 3-4 tricycles, 2-wheel bike, 2 mototrized ride-on cars, 2-3 non-mototized play cars, kiddie pool, bucket of bubble supplies, 15,000 balls, 2 basketball hoops, bucket of chalk, large playhouse, large climbing xtructure, small climbing structure, play tent, couple of scooters, skates, wagon,play wagon...etc. :duck:
But I do NOT have a daycare.
:whistle:

That has happened to me. I had some guy stop by and knock on my door because he was looking for a daycare. I was like "No, I don't have a daycare."

He asked how many kids I had and I said 1 and he asked to be adopted. He was creepy.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Ok, It's 7pm for crying out loud. Where are the picsof this install???? hmmm

Splash

Okay... first impressions...

Did Britax outsource this seat to Evenflo or something?

It feels pretty cheap, and I don't like being able to see and move the seams in the plastic. The cover is okay, but I can certainly see where it might not be up to a beating.

I installed it LBP and it wasn't fabulous, but I wasn't all that determined and I don't doubt that IF I needed to, I could have gotten it solid. Of course, while I was doing that, I'd forgotten the recline block :rolleyes: So I never tried it with the recline block. Stupid thing. Almost as stupid as the bar on the Regent, but at least this is more uniform and not a separate piece. Harder to conveniently misplace, though. Without the block, I loved the fit! Why do they have to do dumb things like that?

So, I took it back out, popped the block forward, and put it in with the anchors. Super easy. Easier than the Regent, not quite as easy as the GN. I need to take it out, though, because with the foot forward, he's lost room and I need to move the harness up. He was at -5, now he'll be at -4. I let him ride in it anyway since he is only the smallest margin above it.

It's lower than the Regent, which is nice. Much easier to climb into than the GN, but the GN sits further back so he has more legroom. Toss up on the order of importance of those things.

I hate the straps, the way the tongues slide so far down, the position of hte buckle on him (his belly, bringing the straps on his belly vs hips/legs. Moving the buckle back to the first position (I moved it to the second) might help, might not. The cupholder is beyond bizarre, but I can live with it. I like that there is one on each side!

Charlie likes it. He likes to flip the armrests up and down mostly.

I think the GN is by far a superior seat, and it saddens me to say that. I really don't like the FN much. I'll probably keep it, and I might grow to love it, but right now I'm feeling pretty lukewarm. I definitely won't buy another, and if the GN had smaller or pivoting armrests I would be shipping the FN back on Monday for another GN. An AOE is still a possibility, but not likely. I'm probably gonna keep the FN until I sell it in a fit of rage and come running back looking for a replacement.

Kat_Momof3

splash, I'm afraid we're going to need cute chuzzle-filled carseat comparison pics to see what you're saying here.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I forget: You liked the Regent, right? And it meets your criteria of having the low sides. Why aren't you buying another one?

The bright side of all this is that if your UPS guy ever needs car seat advice, he'll know who to go to.

Yoshi

Sorry you are disappointed. I agree that it is not a seat to write home about- and since mine wouldn't install well with seatbelt in either vehicle (no LATCH in one, and 40 lb LATCH limit in the other) the thing got returned.

Splash

I forget: You liked the Regent, right? And it meets your criteria of having the low sides. Why aren't you buying another one?

The bright side of all this is that if your UPS guy ever needs car seat advice, he'll know who to go to.

I just sold a 9 month old regent to buy this, I'm not getting another.

I didn't want to sell it, really. I liked the way it fit my vehicle and him. However, I could only install it without the recline bar and the LBP forever, which is against the rules and I made the choice to do it and I was fine with it when it was the only/best option. As it is no longer the only/best option, I am not okay with bucking the system any longer.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Go pick up some velcro circles with adhesive on the back and put them on the harness so the buckle tongues don't fall into the seat.

Since I did that, I like the seat a LOT more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC