SafeSeat Harness Assembly

Mama Jo

My sis threw her entire harness assembly, buckles and all, into the washer. This was the *used* SafeSeat I gave her last week because my 15 month old nephew had grown out of the SnugRide he was in but she refused to put him into convertible seat until spring because it's so cold. Well, he got sick, puked all over everything, so it all went into the washer.

She tells me this at my parents' house last night. I think I maybe freaked a little... lol... My BIL got defensive, said that was ridiculous, those straps will never break! My dad even chimed in that straps like that are used to load boats onto trailers - a 25 lb kid isn't going to break them! I showed them the crash test of the expired Britax seat just to demonstrate that they're not infallible when used incorrectly.

Anyway, after what BIL and dad said, and even after watching the video, I'm sure she won't replace the straps unless I get them for her. If I order the "complete harness assembly" from the Graco website, does it come with the crotch strap and the buckles as well? I know it doesn't have the chest clip because I can see you can order that seperately... but I don't see the other parts seperately. I just want to make sure I get everything I need. I've only had to replace straps on one other seat and it was a long time ago, so I don't remember what I ordered.

ADS

Splash

They probably won't be receptive to replacing them anyway.

Really, if it were me, I would let it go. The harness in a RF seat takes very little stress to begin with, it's almost all borne by the shell. And the likelihood of them somehow being severely compromised is slight. You're dad is on a point about the webbing. I use webbing on boat straps and after years of salt water and sun, they're still taking a beating, and they're not much thicker than that, if at all.

If it was a FF seat, or even a convertible (that will one day be FF), I might stress about it more. Otherwise, I'd leave it. You can only do so much if they're not willing to meet you. Besides, she'll just wash this set again next time he pukes, and you can't keep buying more.

Mama Jo

You can only do so much if they're not willing to meet you. Besides, she'll just wash this set again next time he pukes, and you can't keep buying more.

I know you're right... I hate it that you're right, but you're right nonetheless. I would just prefer she not tell me about it if she isn't going to do things the right way. I'd rather not worry all the time when there's not much I can do to fix it. So I try to fix what little I can and then just wish she'd keep the rest to herself!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC