Question What would you change about the Britax Frontier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Tilton

CPST Instructor
The Product Management team at Britax Child Safety has instituted a product review process by which newly released products are evaluated and improvements made (when required). I would like to take this opportunity to solicit feedback from people who are either current Frontier owners or people who considered the Frontier (or are currently considering ) the product.

The feedback I am soliciting is being purposefully limited to the options listed below. The goal of this exercise is for me to hand our Product Manager and the Engineering team a prioritized list of issues that have been brought to our attention in some way.

ADS

LuvBug

The Product Management team at Britax Child Safety has instituted a product review process by which newly released products are evaluated and improvements made (when required). I would like to take this opportunity to solicit feedback from people who are either current Frontier owners or people who considered the Frontier (or are currently considering ) the product.

The feedback I am soliciting is being purposefully limited to the options listed below. The goal of this exercise is for me to hand our Product Manager and the Engineering team a prioritized list of issues that have been brought to our attention in some way.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Please select either #1 OR #2 OR #3
AND then select 3 additional items you would like addressed. You do not need to prioritize their importance – we will determine this by the number of votes each issue receives.

Thank you

Sarah Tilton
Britax Child Safety

Taller top slots. My 5yo(~48lbs, 48") is almost too tall for it, it would be pointless for us to buy it now. We no longer have a harness option of a spare seat save our regent. I am speaking of the original husky/regent top slot measurement, not the newer regent's lower slots.
(the husky's top slots were just perfect, just perfect enough to keep even the tallest torso kid extended harnessed)

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Re: What would you cahnge about the Britax Frontier?

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback on the Frontier. :) While we haven't had an issue with pilling or snagging of the mesh cover on ours so far (we have the Red Rock cover), I know of other Frontier owners who would greatly appreciate a non-mesh cover fabric option.

Splash

I don't see any options.

Taller top slots... it's a shame that it's such a fab booster but kids can't make the full 80 Or even 65) pounds in the harness

Thicker straps so they don't twist as easily

Higher/wider belt path to fit better in more vehicles

More durable covers

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

I can tell you that the main reason I did *not* choose it for myself is that the strap slots will almost certainly not accomodate an 80-pound child. I am willing and able to pay for the engineering and materials that an 80-pound harnessed seat requires, IF it is truly an 80-pound seat.

This is one reason that I don't recommend it as frequently as I might otherwise. The other is the sometimes-tricky installation. I would be fine with it for myself, but I know that some parents don't have the skills or the willingness to experiment with different belt paths or work an installation for 20 minutes.

(Also, I wish it had a moo cover. Have I mentioned that before? :whistle: That would overcome all my objections, since my daughter still asks at least once a week if she can have another cow seat since we retired her Marathon. Seriously, I actually care much less about covers than lots of posters here, but older children -- the Frontier's market -- DO often care about what they sit in, and keeping them harnessed longer is easier when they like their seats.)

Momof4Girls

Easier to install, taller top slots (to actually accommodate 80lbs kids). Offer a "lite" frontier, booster only, but same height and LATCHable! Of course, less $$ for booster only.

Raechel

ETA: Plush cover choices, something more fun than the Sahara that isn't mesh!

Lys

Senior Community Member

Taller harness slots (comparable to the Regent)

Non mesh cover

more open belt path

thicker straps/fix splitter plate

less flimsy armrests

larger seat depth

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

I am locking this thread temporarily as there was supposed to be a poll included. Once it's fixed, we'll merge everything.

The new poll thread is here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=72644

I was unable to merge these posts into the new thread, as the original poster is reflected by the earliest time stamp and made it seem like LuvBug authored it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback on the Frontier. :) While we haven't had an issue with pilling or snagging of the mesh cover on ours so far (we have the Red Rock cover), I know of other Frontier owners who would greatly appreciate a non-mesh cover fabric option.

I had some pilling of the cover, but I blame owner misuse:

http://carseatblog.com/?p=414

I've submitted feedback already, but my main suggestion for improvement is the area around the lap belt guide and arm rest hinge. It needs to be modified to accomodate reverse belt routing better in some vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC