Installing a Cosco Scenera in a 1999 Toyota Sienna

U

Unregistered

A twin dd daughter will be taken to weekly physical therapy appointments by our former nanny. I planned on putting a cosco scenera in her car, a 1999 Toyota Sienne LE. I have Britax RAs in my van for the twins and the Sceneras our are back up/visiting grandparents car seats. I have only installed the Sceneras in a LATCH system. Is it hard to do the seat belt install? I dont recall getting a locking clip when I purchased the Sceneras last summer - do I need one? Nanny plans to leave the seat in her car at all times, so no "in and out". I guess if easier to correctly install an RA with seatbelt, I could pull one out of my van (08 Honda) and put the Scenera in my car with LATCH and put RA in her car. But I really love my RAs and the girls are in my van every day going to/from daycare.

Thanks for any advice,

Dee

ADS

Maedze

Welcome to c-s.org :)

Your nanny's car will not need a locking clip. The seatbelts will lock either at the retractor in the shoulder belt (engage by pulling belt all the way out and then 'clicking' back in) or lock at the latchplate on the buckle (the way a lap belt locks). Check the manual to see which sort of seatbelt she has, or just take a good look at the belt.

How old is your dd and how much does she weigh?

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the reply. I feel just a little intimidated by the seat belt install and in SoCal it takes forever to get an appointment with Highway Patrol for inspection (they are the one who do all the inspections) I will dig up and read the Cosco instructions and I have asked the Nanny bring her owners manual

This twin dd is 26m, 24 pounds, and 33". [Twin sister is 28 pounds 32"]

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There are other techs in SoCal besides just the Highway Patrol, and not all the CHIP stations are staffed by actual, up-to-date techs, for the record.

You might check out this thread, it has a list of techs who are on this board and would be happy to help you: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

There are several techs in SoCal on this board. :thumbsup:

Maedze

Thanks for the reply. I feel just a little intimidated by the seat belt install and in SoCal it takes forever to get an appointment with Highway Patrol for inspection (they are the one who do all the inspections) I will dig up and read the Cosco instructions and I have asked the Nanny bring her owners manual

This twin dd is 26m, 24 pounds, and 33". [Twin sister is 28 pounds 32"]

As KetchupQueen says, there are other techs besides CHIP, and honestly you may get a better technician looking for a private one.

Also, may I ask if your daughters are forward facing or rearfacing? If they are forward facing, would you like some information on why rearfacing would be a safer position for the car seats?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC