Aww man. My HipMonkey code

glockchick

Is only doing 5% off today instead of the 15% it was doing yesterday. Guess I waiting too long deciding what was best for us. :(

ADS

Splash

Glad I ordered it when I did, then! And there goes the possibility of ordering another! No way am I braving that website for 5% off when I can get more than that from Target.

glockchick

Blech, that stinks. So what'd you decide?

I was just going to get 2 marathons, 1 for my 2 year old (the pics I've seen still look like the Frontier swallows kids her size) and 1 for the baby.

Dh won't let me get a radian as well so I guess I'll shuffle.

In fact, he just wants me to get one for the baby now and wait until Kaleigh's seat expires in July to get hers.

So know I'm back to not knowing what I'm going to do. :p

zeo2ski

Oh man, that stinks--the not knowing what to do thing.

I still think the FF MA in the 3rd row center--would your eldest be capable of buckling her? I think with only 2 in harnessed restraints, you pretty much have to put those in the lap belts.

I was just about to reply to your other thread about what seats to buy for the youngest 2. Two MAs will fit in those spots no prob (I've done 3 across that row, MA and BLVDs) but you won't be able to flip the seat or slide it without a LOT of effort.

I can see where your DH doesn't want to purchase 3 CRs at once!! But at the same time, it's very important to get the right seats at the right time. I know the best deal would be to get the Britax's now, but...if DH won't budge, I'd get lap belt issue solved first--if you can't do MA back there, get a RN now. Then when baby outgrows the infant seat, you'll HAVE to get her a convertible, same with the expiring MA, there won't be a choice, it'll HAVE to be replaced at that time--so basically, get the "optional" seat now because it'll be easier to reason with DH about replacing the other two at that time. What about just going with some less $$ seats? That may help him swallow it. I forget what other convertibles are narrow, but there's one...maybe the Avenue? that stands out as being recommended a lot. Maybe one of those to go in the 2nd row center (and yeah, the FFing child should be in the center--least protected child gets most protected seat, but if it's not doable, don't stress over that). Heck even sceneras would be better than leaving the one in the lap belt.

I can't even pretend to know what a hassle it is to get everyone in and out of the car day in and day out--I have the equivalent of only your youngest 2. But when it comes down to it, it's well worth the effort (and squished boobies;)) to find some way to get that child out of the lap belt. Putting the 2 year old there would be the cheapest option. Putting a RN there would be the easiest loading option. I know your LO is about to outgrow the infant bucket, but for right now, here's what I'd do til you get whatever new seats you decide on: Put the FFing 2 year old in the 2nd row center, 4 year old booster 2nd row drivers side, 11 mos old keyfit with base 3rd row center so you can just place it in and don't have to climb in to buckle. The kid 3rd row drivers outboard can climb in first, then snap in the bucket, then let the other 3rd row kid in.

BTW this concerns me so much because I've gone over scenarios over and over and over trying to figure out how many kids/how old/how long the suburban (or a newer one) would last us.:)

glockchick

I've tried the Marathon in the middle rear before but that doesn't leave enough room for the booster next to it. Also, there's no place to tether it to.

I just need a new truck. ;) Wish that was in the budget. :p

ETA: I remember why the baby isn't behind the driver. His seat wouldn't install well there. I knew I'd tried that. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC