Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Keyfit fabrics

Keyfit fabrics

DH really likes this one
    http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/car-se...0-extreme.aspx

Is the fabric good for hot weather? Does anyone have this kind of fabric. I will have to order sight unseen and don't want to get a seat with fabric that will make a baby a sweaty mess when it gets hot here.

Sydnee 1/6/07 34lbs
    Kip 6/15/09 26lbs RF
    Different seats for different days

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Keyfit fabrics

I think it's going to depend on who responds. For example, I think the Britax onyx is awesome for the heat and helps keep babies from getting too sweaty, others swear the onyx makes them sweat more.

I think that cover looks great for summer heat but, I am pretty sure I have heard some people say it's awful & others say they love it.

Man, I am so helpful.

Bah...oh well. I will order one eventually anyway I guess. I am not too picky about color or anything, but DH is suprisingly vocal about these things for a man. It's kinda wierd. This is the main reason he says it's ok to buy a new one. Oh, and also because I managed to concoct a story that with the infant insert we would probably get a better fir with a newborn and not need blankets for support. He thinks that's great since it will be summer.

Sydnee 1/6/07 34lbs
    Kip 6/15/09 26lbs RF

Carseat Crazy

I have that seat in that fabric, haven't gotten to test it out yet so I don't know how sweaty it will be. It is a softer material then some of the other Keyfits, some of the other covers feel more plastic like to me, I actually choose this one because I like the feel of it the best. It's not a plush cover though so I'm not that concerned about sweating.
    DD1-13y, DD2-9y, DS1-7y, DS2-4y

Carseat Crazy

I have the carseat in the Adventure color (my hubby is also very picky about color) I didn't have a problem with my baby being born the end of last June in CA...it does feel a little scratchy according to my MIL but I don't think it's bad at all, it's not plush fabric by any means, more on the plastic side, but I love this carseat!

Thanks...great to hear!

Sydnee 1/6/07 34lbs
    Kip 6/15/09 26lbs RF